advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Pulp Fiction, A Few Good Men and Enemy of the State on AMC
Posted by: steve...
Date: August 09, 2021 06:26PM
These great movies are on AMC the over next few days. Check your Guide for times.

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pulp Fiction, A Few Good Men and Enemy of the State on AMC
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 09, 2021 06:47PM
It's too bad AMC is such an awful channel to watch movies on -- SO MANY COMMERCIALS. My favorite movie-watching channels are HBO (no editing, no commercials) and IFC (no editing, commercials).

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2021 06:48PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 09, 2021 07:43PM
AMC is horrible to watch! As said above, so many commercials and cuts. AMC has no problem showing extra gory gore but show one boob? Oh no! We can't have that! We must think of the children!!

AMC USED to be great, but not so much now. I miss the old AMC.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 09, 2021 10:15PM
Rick-o
AMC is horrible to watch! As said above, so many commercials and cuts. AMC has no problem showing extra gory gore but show one boob? Oh no! We can't have that! We must think of the children!!

AMC USED to be great, but not so much now. I miss the old AMC.

Agree! I'd sometimes be visiting my Parents in the old 'hood. My childhood buddies would see my car and invite me for "a few beers".

Many hours later, I would stagger home to my parents house to sleep it off. My mom would be up, watching classics from her youth. It was almost always AMC.

I dunno why there is no "AMC+" not free, but no commerials!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: August 09, 2021 10:25PM
Rolando

There is a subscription version of AMC - don't know whether it's commercial-free, though.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 10, 2021 10:29AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Rolando

There is a subscription version of AMC - don't know whether it's commercial-free, though.

But is it boob-free?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: August 10, 2021 10:55PM
Speedy
N-OS X-tasy!
Rolando

But is it boob-free?

Don’t know — not a customer. AMC content is not nearly compelling enough to pay a subscription for.

It is what it is.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 11, 2021 03:41PM
Speedy
N-OS X-tasy!
Rolando

But is it boob-free?

.....the old AMC never showed any nudity [ I think they would show edited versions ].....but the new one will show nudity if 'artistic'........

......recently saw 'And God Created Woman' and Bardot's nudity was left in.....don't remember if it aired late at night or not.......but I think that I also watched 'Dressed to Kill' and I think the original nudity in the beginning in the shower scene was left intact.......

....when I watched 'Body Double'.....the nudity and sexual suggestive scenes were left in.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2021 03:42PM by NewtonMP2100.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020