advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
mechanical keyboards & artisanal caps
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: August 12, 2021 07:05PM
I don't currently have one, but I love the sound of mechanical keyboards and may be considering one, especially after running across some really cool artisanal keycaps that I might need a second mortgage to afford. Anyone here using a mechanical keyboard and have any rants or raves about theirs?

Le po├Ęte doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: mechanical keyboards & artisanal caps
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: August 13, 2021 10:03AM
Based on recommendations from this forum, I purchased a Matias Tactile keyboard, even with the warning that it is clickity-clackity loud.

I like the feel of the keyboard, and it is LOUD. How loud? When I'm on a phone call (wearing a headset) and try to type, people ask me, "What is that sound?"

Am considering buying a second keyboard to use when on the phone and in virtual meetings. Haven't figured out a convenient way to switch between two.

TODD'S KEYBOARD (sorry for shouting)
Re: mechanical keyboards & artisanal caps
Posted by: Robert M
Date: August 13, 2021 01:19PM
Marc,

The sound of a mechanical keyboard will vary from model to model based on both the keyboard itself as well as the switches in it. The feel, responsiveness and other factors also change from model to model and switch to switch.

Search the forum for my posts about mechanical keyboards for some info.

Check out mechanicalkeyboards.com for some detailed info about mechanical keyboards:

[mechanicalkeyboards.com]

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 143
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020