advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Jaguars release Tim Tebow after 1 preseason game
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: August 17, 2021 10:40AM
The most overhyped, over talked about QB that did so very little and lucked out a lot is no longer on an NFL player after comeback attempt.

He will always live in the glory of throwing that 15 yard pass where Demaryius Thomas did 65 yards of the work evading 4 tacklers. [www.youtube.com]

[us.yahoo.com]

The Tim Tebow experiment in Jacksonville didn’t last long.

The former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback turned sports broadcaster turned minor league baseball player turned long-shot NFL tight end project was cut on Tuesday, after just a single preseason game.

In this case, the opportunity came courtesy of Tebow’s old college coach, Urban Meyer. They won two national titles together at the University of Florida, but that was multiple positions and sports ago.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Jaguars release Tim Tebow after 1 preseason game
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: August 17, 2021 11:28AM
Maybe Tim should visit Dyersville, Iowa.
popcorn smiley

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 17, 2021 12:38PM
His skill set did not transfer to the NFL, but he still is possibly the best college QB to play the game. He had a passion and love for the game that should be applauded but instead was torn down because he also spoke openly about his faith.

I'm glad the Jaguars gave him the opportunity, not surprised that it didn't happen, and wish him well going forward.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Date: August 17, 2021 12:42PM
Ombligo
His skill set did not transfer to the NFL, but he still is possibly the best college QB to play the game. He had a passion and love for the game that should be applauded but instead was torn down because he also spoke openly about his faith.

I'm glad the Jaguars gave him the opportunity, not surprised that it didn't happen, and wish him well going forward.

Some people didn't like his faith expressions. It wasn't relevant to me. He was an awful NFL quarterback that got too much credit for luck plays and a good defense. His insistence that he was a QB and only a QB probably robbed him of a few seasons as a Tight End or Fullback.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2021 12:44PM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 17, 2021 12:50PM
.....so he is a.....Jag........off.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: kj
Date: August 17, 2021 03:42PM
He's a ridiculously good athlete. That he's had trouble being successful in the NFL makes him like 99.9999999999% of all people. He gave it another shot, and why shouldn't he? And in fact, even if you make the NFL, the average career is like 3yrs. So it isn't that easy to stay there, either. But people do seem to rejoice in other's failures, often. But heck, I'd take "failure" like that!
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: August 17, 2021 04:35PM
Ombligo

I think it was more that his faith was grounded in misogyny and other unfortunate positions, combined with the fact that he is concealing his sexual orientation. Couldn't stand the guy.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 17, 2021 05:07PM
ka jowct
Ombligo

I think it was more that his faith was grounded in misogyny and other unfortunate positions, combined with the fact that he is concealing his sexual orientation. Couldn't stand the guy.

You all up in his kitchen.
Date: August 17, 2021 05:40PM
kj
He's a ridiculously good athlete. That he's had trouble being successful in the NFL makes him like 99.9999999999% of all people. He gave it another shot, and why shouldn't he? And in fact, even if you make the NFL, the average career is like 3yrs. So it isn't that easy to stay there, either. But people do seem to rejoice in other's failures, often. But heck, I'd take "failure" like that!

His mechanic were so poor. Many in the NFL told him to try another position. Instead of doing that he insisted he was a top flight QB and left the league. Some go to another league and work on their mechanics. There is a guy with similar athleticism to him on the Saints, Taysom Hill. He was told he wouldn't be a QB in the league. He got on with the Saints and learned from Brees and ran gadget plays. He is now vying for the starting spot. I see Hill eventually making it with a team that has a mixed style of quarterbacking. Tebow will go back to whatever it is he is doing that isn't being a QB in the NFL.

Posted by: kj
Date: August 17, 2021 06:05PM
pRICE cUBE
kj

His mechanic were so poor. Many in the NFL told him to try another position. Instead of doing that he insisted he was a top flight QB and left the league. Some go to another league and work on their mechanics. There is a guy with similar athleticism to him on the Saints, Taysom Hill. He was told he wouldn't be a QB in the league. He got on with the Saints and learned from Brees and ran gadget plays. He is now vying for the starting spot. I see Hill eventually making it with a team that has a mixed style of quarterbacking. Tebow will go back to whatever it is he is doing that isn't being a QB in the NFL.

Things are never that simple, but it's fun for people to talk about. I'm sure he'll do just fine.
Date: August 17, 2021 08:07PM
kj
pRICE cUBE
kj

Things are never that simple, but it's fun for people to talk about. I'm sure he'll do just fine.

That's usually what people do, talk about people in spectator sports. He chooses to be employed in a publicly watched and paid for sport. He's not some random guy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020