advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Speaking of August...
Posted by: DP
Date: August 19, 2021 06:44AM
Summer's going by way too fast and the signs of change are emerging.

I had to turn on the light this morning when I got up! And the birds are quiet-no more singing away even before the Sun comes up!

As a side note, we have had a pair of Eastern Screech owls hanging around for the last couple of weeks. Here's one in our back yard I shot a couple of years ago:

But back to Summer; it is by no way over even tho August is already two-thirds gone...

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speaking of August...
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: August 19, 2021 09:40AM
33° this morning and some blue skies this morning due to a north wind pushing back smoke...the first hint of fall...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 19, 2021 12:04PM
Finally getting some sub 90 weather here in Sacramento.

Unfortunately, that came with the price of smoke yesterday.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 19, 2021 12:22PM
I just got back from a short trip in MI's upper peninsula. Many trees are just starting to show some color change.

And yeah, Summer is flying by fast. Also, Autumn, Winter, and Spring seem to be flying by faster as I grow older. old fogey smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Don C
Date: August 19, 2021 01:47PM
Our 3YO rescue Pug has decided to awaken about 6:30 every day so taking her out at 7 or so I am noticing the change of sunrise and the location of the sun as it moves back to the south. In July the sun was shining right down Market St at sunrise; now it is several degrees south and at 7 it is not fully light yet.

Songs of robins and cardinals is different this time of year as well (now that you mention it).

Great photo!
Posted by: DP
Date: August 19, 2021 05:46PM
And yeah, Summer is flying by fast. Also, Autumn, Winter, and Spring seem to be flying by faster as I grow older.

Ain't that a fact...

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020