advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I bought the USB C Charger by WEMISS 40W , Dual 20W Charger, which devices to avoid?
Posted by: Microman
Date: August 20, 2021 09:02AM
USB C Charger, WEMISS 40W PD Charger, Fast Charger with Foldable Plug, Dual 20W Charger for iPhone12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max/MagSafe Duo, iPhone 11/11 Pro/XS/XR/X, Galaxy S10/S9, iPad Pro (White)

This is the description from my order at Amazon.

It is currently not on Amazon, but I have a question.

I know it can safely and quickly charge our 2 iPhone 12's.

But are there any devices to avoid plugging into this powerful device?

Original iPad
Portable charge thingy (battery)
Apple Watches

So bottom line, should Use this charger only with the iPhone 12's?

Works great, was surprised it is not on Amazon, any longer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I bought the USB C Charger by WEMISS 40W , Dual 20W Charger, which devices to avoid?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 20, 2021 10:28AM
Items come and go all the time on Amazon. That's the charger I have and have recommend here.

It has the PD 3.0 charging profile iPhone 12's need for fastest charging. The closer a device adheres to that, the better the charger will send the 20W or whatever to it.

But I doubt it's a question of safety if that's what you're getting at, regarding the other devices.
Re: I bought the USB C Charger by WEMISS 40W , Dual 20W Charger, which devices to avoid?
Posted by: Carm
Date: August 20, 2021 10:51AM
No issues unless it’s broken. It will put out 5v until the device request more power. This “handshake” is required for the device to put out move volts and watts.

For example: [www.androidauthority.com]
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 21, 2021 12:51AM
It will only dispense the 'power' need by any given device connected to it.

Think of your 'powerful device' more as a huge coffee pot, capable of suppling a greater demand as needed, but also there for the little guy.

I don't recognize the brand of your PD supply, but it's quite common for someone to commission the manufacturing run of a device in China, then brand it and sell the run and be done.

The device may never be manufactured again or just never sold on AMZ again for whatever reason.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 143
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020