advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Just got our Wyze Cordless Stick Vacuum
Posted by: Michael
Date: August 24, 2021 01:59PM
We preordered the Wyze stick vacuum and it just showed up. It came with a small charge (23%) and I used it for about 10 min before it died; it works just fine. We have a Dyson V8 and I can't tell a difference in how they pick up stuff. It's supposed to last 20 min on medium, 50 min on low and 10 min on turbo per charge. It is much lighter than the Dyson. The dirt holder opens very easily (but differently than the Dyson) and the dirt just falls out the bottom. It has a very easily replaceable battery (extra battery is not yet available and for unknown cost). There's a little dial that twists to partially clean the HEPA filter to supposedly get a 20% boost in cleaning power; I could see dust falling out of the filter when I twisted the dial. It's also very easy to take the filter out to wash. The only thing I'm not cranked about is the recharging setup. The Dyson plugs in automatically as we put it on the holder. This one has a wall-hung holder but it doesn't automatically plug in. A wire has to be manually plugged into the handle. There's a clip for the wire on the holder but it's not as good as an automatic plug in. The holder does hold the 2 attachments; that's nice. I think I payed right at $120 for it as a preorder vs. somewhere north of $300 for the Dyson at Costco. Wyze doesn't show it as available yet on their website but it will surely cost more when they have them in stock. We'll probably get another one when the Dyson goes south assuming we don't have difficulties with this one.

[wyze.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just got our Wyze Cordless Stick Vacuum
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 24, 2021 03:41PM
cordless stick vacuums are great. I'm happy to see more low cost entries. We got a dyson V15 which my wife really likes - you can't put a price on that, now can you? That said, we likely spent more than we needed to out of not being completely certain of our needs. For all the talk of runtime we haven't had a problem but that might be different if you have a lot of carpet.

We're in the last days of the plug in vacuum.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020