advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
my milkshake brings all 'da boyz to 'da yard?!....McDonald's removes milkshakes from the menu.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 24, 2021 06:09PM
.....in the UK....due to shortage/supply chain issues....also shortage of bottled drinks.....temporarily......

Milkshakes Off The Menu At British McDonald's Restaurants

The fast-food chain blames supply problems stemming from a shortage of truck drivers

....McDonald’s says it has pulled milkshakes from the menu in all 1,250 of its British restaurants because of supply problems stemming from a shortage of truck drivers.

The fast-food chain says it is also experiencing shortages of bottled drinks.

Like most retailers, we are currently experiencing some supply chain issues, impacting the availability of a small number of products,” McDonald’s said in a statement Tuesday. “Bottled drinks and milkshakes are temporarily unavailable in restaurants across England, Scotland and Wales.”

It said it was “working hard to return these items to the menu.”

It is the latest in a series of shortages to parts and products in Britain blamed on a combination of Brexit and the coronavirus pandemic. Britain’s exit from the European Union at the end of last year has made it harder for the bloc’s citizens to work in the U.K., and businesses have also been hit by large numbers of employees having to self-isolate because of possible exposure to the virus.

Industry body the Road Haulage Association says pandemic restrictions over the past 18 months have delayed many new recruits taking their driving tests. The group says Britain is short about 100,000 drivers, from a pre-pandemic total of 600,000.

Last week, chicken chain Nando’s temporarily shut about 50 outlets because of a shortage of poultry. KFC also warned recently that supply chain issues meant it was unable to stock some menu items.

Supermarkets have also reported problems getting some products onto shelves.

The U.K. government has temporarily eased restrictions on the number of hours drivers can work in an attempt to improve the situation.

no......milkshakes.....for you......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 06:12PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: my milkshake brings all 'da boyz to 'da yard?!....McDonald's removes milkshakes from the menu.....
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 24, 2021 07:19PM
The shake machine breaks down at least once a day anyway.
Re: my milkshake brings all 'da boyz to 'da yard?!....McDonald's removes milkshakes from the menu.....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 24, 2021 07:28PM
It's not just the UK.

None of the Mickey D's in this region can make strawberry shakes and most can't make chocolate for lack of ingredients.

Just plain vanilla.

Oh, the humanity!!

Posted by: rz
Date: August 24, 2021 07:41PM
Literally the only thing I will get at a McD's. I was forced by my family to eat lunch at a McDonalds about 5 years ago (traveling, really hungry, and only restaurant at that exit). It was horrible. Thankfully my wife and son have mostly gotten away from wanting to eat there. But when they would, the only thing I'd get is a vanilla shake.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 24, 2021 09:30PM
I should get my DOT physical updated and go back to truck driving…

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 24, 2021 09:37PM
I love those shakes!! Vanilla please…
I don’t have them often, but it’s reassuring that I can get one whenever I want.

Now, quarter pounders… thanks to rammie who put them on my radar again, I’ve been getting one at least once a month.
No McDonald's shake shortage here.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 24, 2021 11:21PM
I don't get drinks often at McDonalds', but I am a fan of their shakes.

When I worked there, I used to make Orange Freezes, and dunk a hot apple pie in a vanilla shake for pie a la shake.

(They were really hot coming out of the fryer just in time for my break.)

I'd be really disappointed were McDonald's to actually drop shakes from the menu.

A Quarter Pounder Deluxe (sans shredded lettuce) and even the smallest shake are a bit pricey.

An In-and-Out Double-Double and a shake are cheaper, and admittedly tastier, but a bit of ways more to go, if l'm not already in the area.

So tomorrow I'll get a QPD, the Dollar Fry Deal, and a shake.

Got to show my solidarity and support.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: August 25, 2021 02:16PM
Probably easier than fixing the milkshake machine. smiling smiley
Re: No McDonald's shake shortage here.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 25, 2021 10:25PM
RAMd®d
I don't get drinks often at McDonalds', but I am a fan of their shakes.

When I worked there, I used to make Orange Freezes, and dunk a hot apple pie in a vanilla shake for pie a la shake.

(They were really hot coming out of the fryer just in time for my break.)

I'd be really disappointed were McDonald's to actually drop shakes from the menu.

A Quarter Pounder Deluxe (sans shredded lettuce) and even the smallest shake are a bit pricey.

An In-and-Out Double-Double and a shake are cheaper, and admittedly tastier, but a bit of ways more to go, if l'm not already in the area.

So tomorrow I'll get a QPD, the Dollar Fry Deal, and a shake.

Got to show my solidarity and support.

A real fried hot apple pie. Yeah, Micky D's was there when we needed them growing up dammit.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 25, 2021 11:29PM
vision63
A real fried hot apple pie. Yeah, Micky D's was there when we needed them growing up dammit.

I remember those.

Had one of those weird things they sell as "pies" these days?

Hollow twigs with a faint scent of apple.

Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 26, 2021 04:24PM
I used to like those hot apple pies except for the fact that I always got a burn in my mouth when eating one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020