advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Harvard University has a new head chaplin, he's Greg Epstein and he's an atheist
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 26, 2021 06:17PM
Maybe in a more conservative university climate there might be a question like ‘What the heck are they doing at Harvard, having a humanist be the president of the chaplains?’” said Margit Hammerstrom, the Christian Science chaplain at Harvard. “But in this environment it works. Greg is known for wanting to keep lines of communication open between different faiths.”

NYT site
Bypass Paywalls
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Harvard University has a new head chaplin, he's Greg Epstein and he's an atheist
Posted by: August West
Date: August 26, 2021 06:56PM
I have a love/hate relationship with the ivory towers, but this is definitely the love side, heh

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Re: Harvard University has a new head chaplin, he's Greg Epstein and he's an atheist
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 26, 2021 07:14PM
I approve. You always want the temple eunuch in charge of the virgin harem.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 26, 2021 08:46PM
p8712
thumbs up
Nice imagery!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 26, 2021 09:28PM
1) It's not like they eliminated the other religions at the place.

2) At Harvard, does anybody even notice stuff like this any more?
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 26, 2021 10:59PM
RgrF
p8712
thumbs up
Nice imagery!

Don't get me started with the harlots and sacramental wine!
Posted by: testcase
Date: August 27, 2021 10:07AM
An ATHEIST CHAPLIN......ROTFL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020