advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
UPS is on my @#$%& list!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 26, 2021 06:53PM
I sent a print off to framebridge to be framed. The box was smashed and the print damaged. In retrospect, it should have been better packaged BUT it did arrive just fine from the first leg of its journey via FedEx. I have some responsibility but still very very frustrating.

Second item - something I was eagerly awaiting claimed to be delivered at 3:30pm. I have a doorbell cam - nobody was at our door for quite a while before and after 3:30. I called UPS and didn't figure out how to get past the robot screener to talk to an agent....who probably couldn't do anything anyway. There's a chance that a neighbor will deliver it - we're pretty good at that.

I know I should have low expectations but sometimes it still makes me mad

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: UPS is on my @#$%& list!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 26, 2021 07:00PM
“the first leg of its journey via FedEx.” And then UPS took over? UPS usually doesn’t interface with FedEx.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: August 26, 2021 07:31PM
Speedy
“the first leg of its journey via FedEx.” And then UPS took over? UPS usually doesn’t interface with FedEx.

I was the intermediary, hence the blameworthiness.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: August 27, 2021 12:16AM
mattkime
Speedy

As someone who shipped a multitude of Mac Pro and G5 towers around the country I can tell you that sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. You could pack a dozen things the exact same way and some of them will get damaged and sone won't no matter who the carrier.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2021 12:16AM by C(-)ris.
Date: August 27, 2021 08:37AM
C(-)ris
mattkime
Speedy

As someone who shipped a multitude of Mac Pro and G5 towers around the country I can tell you that sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. You could pack a dozen things the exact same way and some of them will get damaged and sone won't no matter who the carrier.

Your luck will go up dramatically if you double box.

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 27, 2021 10:16AM
... And sometimes you can build a wooden crate with an inch of foam padding inside - and UPS drives a forklift tine right through the crate.
It took months to get them to pay up for that eBay sale of a microfilm reader. Fortunately, the buyer and I had worked it out so we used HIS UPS account to ship. He dealt with UPS, I just sent pictures of the crate as I had built it and shipped it.

This was long ago... but they haven't gotten BETTER.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: rz
Date: August 27, 2021 02:04PM
Yeah, I had UPS drive a forklift through a double-boxed iMac years ago. They had the audacity to claim it was my fault for not packing it properly! I got the pictures from the buyer and asked them how I should have packed it that it wouldn't have been destroyed by the forklift. They finally relented.
Date: August 27, 2021 02:51PM
rz
Yeah, I had UPS drive a forklift through a double-boxed iMac years ago. They had the audacity to claim it was my fault for not packing it properly! I got the pictures from the buyer and asked them how I should have packed it that it wouldn't have been destroyed by the forklift. They finally relented.

No doubt the main benefit of double boxing is that so few people do it that they just give in and pay the claim.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020