Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tim Cook a pretty penny
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 27, 2021 04:11PM
Blowout payout
Tim Cook just received the tenth and final tranche of a pay deal he received after taking the top job at Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) a decade ago. The award consisted of 5M shares worth a total of $750M, giving the 60-year-old a net worth of over $2B. According to an SEC filing, Cook already sold most of the new stock from the compensation package, which required AAPL's return over the past three years to surpass at least two-thirds of companies in the S&P 500.

By the numbers: In the third fiscal quarter of 2011, when Cook took over the late Steve Jobs, Apple reported $28.6B in revenue. Compare that to the most recent quarter, where sales were $81.4B, nearly three times as much. The iPhone-maker's shares have also returned more than 1,100% on his watch, while Cook has found new revenue streams, such as Apple's services business, which went from $3B in sales during fiscal 2011 to $53.8B in fiscal 2020. Apple is happy with Cook and his performance, and last September, the board granted another award that could give him more than 1M Apple shares through 2026.

Over the years, Cook has bolstered Apple's iPhone business and even released several new products, including the Apple Watch and AirPods. He has also made some major acquisitions like Beats and Intel's cellular-modem unit, as well as doubling down on the company's services business, such as subscriptions to iCloud, Apple Music, Apple News+ and Apple TV+. The catch-all category attracts new customers and entrenches current users in the Apple ecosystem.

Outlook: Cook has turned Apple into the most valuable publicly traded company in the world, continuing in the innovative ways of co-founder and tech leader Steve Jobs. While the latter's spirit still guides Cook, one of the recipes for his success may be building his own brand. "I really want [Jobs'] legacy to be with Apple 10 years from now, a hundred years from now, a thousand years from now," Cook said back in 2016. "Not for Apple to be constrained by it. We're not thinking, 'What would Steve do?' We're not thinking that. But we're very much married to his vision of making the best products." (TSLA) wants to sell electricity directly to customers in Texas, according to an application filed this month with the Public Utility Commission. While there aren't many details in the filing, it would create a new subsidiary of Tesla, called Tesla Energy Ventures. The new initiative would follow Tesla's recently reported move to build two giant mega-batteries in Texas, one at its factory under construction near Austin, and the other outside Houston.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tim Cook a pretty penny
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 27, 2021 05:16PM
He's worth every penny IMHO.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Golfer
Date: August 27, 2021 06:32PM
Rick-o

No CEO, let me rephrase that, no single person ever is worth that much money. I commend the job he has done, and done very well. But if Apple has that much money to pay ONE person, their employees, down to the very last person, should be the best paid in their field in the world, from the CFO, to the engineers, to the receptionist and night janitor.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 27, 2021 06:49PM
Golfer
Rick-o

No CEO, let me rephrase that, no single person ever is worth that much money. I commend the job he has done, and done very well. But if Apple has that much money to pay ONE person, their employees, down to the very last person, should be the best paid in their field in the world, from the CFO, to the engineers, to the receptionist and night janitor.

No one is "worth" anything. No one is "worth" nothing. Who decides?
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 27, 2021 06:50PM

This!!!

Grateful11
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 27, 2021 07:53PM
Golfer
Rick-o

agree smiley
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 27, 2021 08:49PM
DeusxMac
Golfer
Rick-o

agree smiley

thumbs up
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: August 27, 2021 10:04PM
RgrF
DeusxMac
Golfer
Rick-o

agree smiley

thumbs up

Technically they gave him stock and he made that stock be that valuable. Everyone at Apple gets stock...from the CFO to the janitor.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 28, 2021 10:28AM
No one is "worth" anything. No one is "worth" nothing. Who decides?

No, this ^ .

Apple certainly doesn't agree with the peanut gallery's cries of 'Tim Cook has to go, cuz he's a lousy CEO!'.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 28, 2021 12:49PM
Golfer
Rick-o

Life doesn't work like that, and I doubt if we will ever see it in our lifetimes.

In ten years, TC has increased the value of the company sevenfold, and has made a lot of people rich in the process.

Yeah, I disagree with you. He's worth all of that, and then some. My opinion, of course.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 28, 2021 01:22PM
Rick-o
Golfer
Rick-o

Life doesn't work like that, and I doubt if we will ever see it in our lifetimes.

In ten years, TC has increased the value of the company sevenfold, and has made a lot of people rich in the process.

Yeah, I disagree with you. He's worth all of that, and then some. My opinion, of course.

If he had an agent like LeBron James, he'd get a lot more. By orders of magnitude of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2021 01:23PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020