advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Numbers Sheet Mix Up
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 27, 2021 11:52PM
I've been working on a file in Numbers and I must have done something to duplicate the data. Have no idea what I did or how to undo it. the drop-down menu on the name of the sheet shows Table 1 and Table 1-1. I've tried deleting one or the other of those and each time it deletes the entire content. QUICK, UNDO WILL ROBINSON!!! and fortunately undo does bring it doubly back.

any idea how I might fix this?

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Numbers Sheet Mix Up
Posted by: Bernie
Date: August 28, 2021 05:26AM
command Z
command Z
command Z

Staunton, Virginia
Date: August 28, 2021 09:35AM
Bernie
command Z
command Z
command Z

by the time i noticed the duplication i had done quite a bit of work notating the data and was well past a few command z fixes. i suppose i could look at back ups in time machine but again i’d have to redo work. i was hoping there was a way to select a layer or something and delete that.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 28, 2021 11:31AM
Hard to know what happened.
Have you tried zooming out, and separating the worksheets?
Date: August 28, 2021 12:03PM
rich in distress
Hard to know what happened.
Have you tried zooming out, and separating the worksheets?

OK! This is progress. by zooming to 300% i was able to select the different sheets. it's definitely some sort of layer. I've manipulated table 1-1 so I want to delete table 1 but when i select that layer everything is deleted.

I think i solved my problem. I copied the layer I manipulated and pasted it into a new document. I'm good now. Hope I don't inadvertently do that again.

Thank you so much, rich in distress!

Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 28, 2021 12:19PM
smiling smiley

Go you!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020