advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
man up?!....just announced -> this canceled TV show on major network finally saved/renewed......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 28, 2021 11:18AM
.....'Manifest'......saved/renewed by 'Netflix'....for 4th and final season.....20 episodes.....announced on 8/28, in honor of 'flight 828'.......

Manifest Saved by Netflix for Fourth and Final Supersized Season

....Manifest Season 4 has been officially cleared for takeoff, in the form of a supersized farewell run on Netflix.

News of the big “save” came on, yes, 8/28 (and at 8:28 am PT) — more than 10 weeks after NBC grounded the supernatural-tinged family drama following a cliffhanger-filled Season 3 finale.

The series’ fourth and final season will span 20 episodes, to be split into parts to be determined.

“What started years ago as a flight of fancy deep in my imagination has evolved into the jet engine journey of a lifetime,” showrunner Jeff Rake said in a statement. “Never in my wildest dreams could I have envisioned the worldwide outpouring of love and support for this story, its characters, and the team who work so hard to bring it all to life. That we will be able to reward the fans with the ending they deserve moves me to no end. On behalf of the cast, the crew, the writers, directors, and producers, thank you to Netflix, to Warner Bros., and of course to the fans. You did this.”

At that time of the series’ broadcast cancellation, Rake told fans, “I’m devastated by NBC’s decision to cancel us,” adding: “That we’ve been shut down in the middle [of a planned six-season run] is a gut punch to say the least…. You deserve an ending to your story.”

In the weeks that followed, Rake would reassure Manifesters, “We’re trying to find a way to conclude the series. Could take a week, a month, a year” — all as he angled to find someone to A) finance at the very least a wrap-up movie, and B) offer a home to same.

Netflix’s deal with Warner Bros. includes all previous seasons, to premiere on the streaming service around the world in the coming months.

Throughout its “limbo” stage, Manifest stayed airborne in the pop culture conversation — by ascending and topping the Nielsen streaming charts, and also by claiming the No. 1 spot on Netflix’s popularity poll for a near-record 27 straight days. It was after the latter feat that rumblings grew louder that a beyond-last-minute save was in the works.

“Since its premiere on Netflix in June, Manifest has proven very popular with our members,” Bela Bajaria, Netflix Head of Global TV, noted. “Jeff Rake and his team have crafted a beguiling mystery that has viewers around the world on the edge of their seats and believing again in second chances, and we’re thrilled that they will bring fans some closure with this final, super-sized season.”

saved.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2021 11:26AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man up?!....just announced -> this canceled TV show on major network finally saved/renewed......
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 28, 2021 11:40AM
Wow, never heard about this show before.
Wikipedia’s premise is interesting, so cueing…
Thanks!!
Re: man up?!....just announced -> this canceled TV show on major network finally saved/renewed......
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 28, 2021 11:56AM
I quit watching last season.
It got too convoluted. It was trying to be Lost, but wasn’t nearly as good. IMHO.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 28, 2021 01:14PM
rgG
I quit watching last season.
It got too convoluted. It was trying to be Lost, but wasn’t nearly as good. IMHO.

this.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 28, 2021 03:54PM
Of all the really good shows on all the networks in the past 2 decades viewers wanted saved, THIS is the one the rescue?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: August 28, 2021 10:09PM
It was meandering a bit by the last broadcast season, but it was still holding my interest enough to come back and watch a final season.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020