advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mr. Prymsnap has an email question about his new Apple watch
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: August 28, 2021 11:25AM
Spurred on in part because of comments on this board about how well Apple watch works for fall detection, my DH bought and is very happy with his Apple watch Version 6 with cel service. Thus far it appears that receiving/sending email (he's on AOL) is among the functions that cannot be accessed when not in the vicinity of the paired iPhone. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mr. Prymsnap has an email question about his new Apple watch
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 28, 2021 12:25PM
does he receive his AOL mail through apple mail or is it a separate mail app? i would think anything through Apple Mail would come through.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: August 28, 2021 01:09PM
graylocks
does he receive his AOL mail through apple mail or is it a separate mail app? i would think anything through Apple Mail would come through.

Not through Apple mail. I'll have to check but he might be using AOL via web browser and/or the AOL app. But definitely not via Apple mail.
Date: August 28, 2021 01:16PM
In general, though, is it even possible to send/receive email on an Apple watch w/cel when one is not in proximity of the paired iPhone?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 28, 2021 01:58PM
prymsnap
graylocks

Not through Apple mail. I'll have to check but he might be using AOL via web browser and/or the AOL app. But definitely not via Apple mail.

That explains things.

Set up the AOL email account in the settings for the Mail app on the iPhone.

Set the Mail options in the Watch app on the phone to mirror accounts.

Date: August 28, 2021 02:09PM
Sarcany
prymsnap
graylocks

That explains things.

Set up the AOL email account in the settings for the Mail app on the iPhone. Again, the watch does have cel capability.

But does this work when the watch is NOT in proximity to the paired iPhone? That seems to be the sticking point right now.

But does that work when the watch is NOT in proximity to the paired phone? That seems to be the sticking point right now. The watch does have cel capability.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 28, 2021 02:44PM
prymsnap
Sarcany
prymsnap
graylocks

That explains things.

Set up the AOL email account in the settings for the Mail app on the iPhone. Again, the watch does have cel capability.

But does this work when the watch is NOT in proximity to the paired iPhone? That seems to be the sticking point right now.

But does that work when the watch is NOT in proximity to the paired phone? That seems to be the sticking point right now. The watch does have cel capability.

I'm not using a cellular plan for my watch (costs more per month than it does for the phone in this state) so can't say for certain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020