advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Little League realities
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 28, 2021 08:41PM

I started out in right field and ended up being a 2nd baseman through High School.

I heard someone tell a story about Mookie Betts being mad because as a shortstop, the first baseman could never field his throws and his team kept losing. He mother was his main coach. When he complained to her about the first base kid, she only told him to "Do something about it."

He started fielding grounders at short and racing the batter to first base to get him out.

Thinking outside the box.

Here, I was holding my first baseball trophy. I was hella proud of it.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Little League realities
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 28, 2021 09:31PM
Great pic!! Lovely family!!
Posted by: Ammo
Date: August 28, 2021 09:47PM
Thanks for sharing. Your mom is very pretty.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 28, 2021 10:35PM
Those jeans would fit right in today!
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: August 28, 2021 10:40PM
Thanks for sharing that photo. Love it!

I definitely was picking dandelions in right field...and I was the coach's kid. But I also had a brother and 3 step brothers that were far more interested in baseball.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 29, 2021 12:30AM
Ammo
Thanks for sharing. Your mom is very pretty.

No kidding, Hubba Hubba!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 29, 2021 03:27AM
Center fielder here. I LOVE shagging flies - if it had been allowed, I would have played the position for both teams and forwent batting.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 29, 2021 08:23AM
hot smiley

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 29, 2021 08:44AM
The little league world series championship game is this afternoon - Taylor, Michigan vs Hamilton, Ohio

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 29, 2021 10:25AM
Mo'ne Davis, the girl who stole the LL show 7 years ago. is part of the ESPN broadcast crew.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 29, 2021 11:38AM
Heh! Love that pic! thumbs up

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: August 29, 2021 04:48PM
First: You have a hot mom.

Second: I was moved from RF (above guide is correct) to C (above guide totally not correct) because I was afraid of the ball from the sky (no vertical judgment, I got glasses the following year, hmmm...) but not from the mound (ball was easily predictable). We had a good coach who found what I was good at.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 29, 2021 05:12PM
I was right field for who knows what reason. All I know is that my pants were size XL and my waist was M. They also had no belt loops.

So you had a one-arm kid wearing a glove, trying to keep his pants up all while trying to throw to the infield (I didn't care where as long as the ball wasn't in my hand). My batting instructions were to swing at nothing, let them walk me. That worked for me as swinging the bat caused my pants to fall.

I only played for one season.

Baseball is better for that.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: d4
Date: August 30, 2021 06:31AM
On my son's LL team (8yo), the coaches rotate the players every inning. So each player gets to play each position. Not the wisest decision in terms of winning games, but it's fair for the kids.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020