advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
resident evil?!....Disney unveils new 'Disney World' Annual Passes [ most for Florida residents only ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 30, 2021 08:05PM
....available next month....separate from the recently announced Disneyland's passes.....all are only for Florida residents, except one, the most expensive, which is available to all.....

Disney World New Annual Pass Details Announced, Available Next Month

If you're not a Florida resident, we've got some bad news.

.....Just in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s Orlando park is bringing back their Annual Passholder program. Like the recently announced, Magic Key program at Disneyland, there are four options available with a variety of perks and prices.

The Disney Pixie Dust Pass is for Florida residents, and costs $399 plus tax, or $19 per month with 12 monthly payments after a $205 down payment on the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Program. This pass will allow the user to go to the park on most weekdays, with plenty of blockout dates, and make and hold up to 3 park reservations .

Also available only for Florida residents is the Disney Pirate Pass For $699 plus tax, or $45 per month with 12 monthly payments after a $205 down payment on the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Program. This pass is available for most days, but also includes blockout dates including peak and holiday periods, and users will be able to make and hold up to 4 park reservations.

The Disney Sorcerer Pass is available for Florida residents, but is also available for Disney Vacation Club Members. This pass will cost $899 plus tax, or $63 per month with 12 monthly payments after a $205 down payment on the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Program. Like the Disney Pirate Pass, the Sorcerer Pass is valid for most days, but is also subject to blockout dates on select days. Users of this pass will be able to make and hold up to 5 park reservations.

Finally, the only pass available to all also happens to be the most expensive. The Disney Incredi-Pass is available for all guests. This pass is $1,299 plus tax, or is available for $99 per month with 12 monthly payments after a $205 down payment on the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Program. This pass lets the user come to the park on any day with no blockout dates, and will allows the user to make and hold up to 5 park reservations.

All four passes allow for standard theme park parking, and savings of up to 20% on dining, merchandise, and more. The passes will also apparently allow access to bonus reservations, although there’s no information on how or when these reservations will be made available.

For an addition cost, there are two annual pass add-ons available for all four passes. The Disney PhotoPass Downloads add-on will allow for unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads for $99 plus tax for the year. Also available for $99 plus tax for the year is the Water Park and Sports Option, which allows access to tee times at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course, FootGolf, miniature golf, admission to the ESPN Wide World of Sports, and Disney’s water park, Blizzard Beach. While it seems this pass will also allow access to Typhoon Lagoon, this park has been closed for quite some time, with no announcement yet for when it will reopen.

To sum up, more reservations are going to cost you. If you want to go with no worry about blackout dates, that will also cost you. If you don’t live in Florida, but want to have an annual pass, your only option is the most expensive one, and if you want a PhotoPass or water park access, that will also cost you more. And if you want to make monthly payments, but don't live in Florida, sorry! Can't do it!

new annual.....passes.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2021 08:34PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: resident evil?!....Disney announces new 'Disney World' Annual Passes [ most for Florida residents only ].....
Posted by: rz
Date: August 30, 2021 08:18PM
My son and I will probably get the Pirate Pass. It's about $200 more than the similar pass from a couple of years ago. Wife will likely get the Sorcerer pass. She had a higher level pass before, but it included the photo pass and water parks. It was nice to get their photographers to take pics for us, but I don't think it's worth $99/year. On the plus side, the water parks used to cost more.
Re: resident evil?!....Disney unveils new 'Disney World' Annual Passes [ most for Florida residents only ].....
Posted by: Microman
Date: August 30, 2021 09:02PM
Wife got the Disney Dream pass for Disneyland. She bought me the Imagine pass. Went today fir 3 hrs. Parking was covered with her pass. Bussed in AC bus from toy story lot. Had to spend 30 minutes buying another Magic Key pass for wife because where online order said guest I put my name when ordering her pass. I thought I would be her GUEST, but that made her phone pass say my name. Ooops
Re: resident evil?!....Disney unveils new 'Disney World' Annual Passes [ most for Florida residents only ].....
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 30, 2021 10:02PM
Back in the day, AP's were nice, cuz MIL/FIL lived just a couple of miles down from the park, so Baby Buzz and I could hang w/ Mickey while Mrs. Buzz could have a play date w/ her mom. No res needed, spur of the moment trips were nary a problem. Too hot, too crowded, find some place to beat the heat or crowds. No pressure.

Then the Mouse turned diabolical; their loyalty is only to their wallets, via the seemingly inexhaustible throngs of out-of-towner's and foreigners' that can't wait to throw their money into said wallets. Finally, when times get a little tough, and the non-native throngs thin out, only then does Disney reach out and try to make nice w/ their loyal, local supporters that they otherwise abandon. Not a fan of their duplicity. Wanna res at a restaurant? Pay a BIG non-refundable fee.... jeezo, it's not like something could possibly happen at Disneyland to cause a delay, or force a change of plans.

Give us all of your money. Your years of loyalty are worth nothing to us.
==
Posted by: Spiff
Date: August 31, 2021 06:52AM
Buzz- yes. It’s like that everywhere snd in all professions. Experience means much less today. Loyalty is non-existent. Free agency reigns supreme.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 31, 2021 07:24AM
I give them the pass.
Posted by: rz
Date: August 31, 2021 09:11AM
Buzz
Finally, when times get a little tough, and the non-native throngs thin out, only then does Disney reach out and try to make nice w/ their loyal, local supporters that they otherwise abandon.

Yeah, I gotta agree with that. Sure, the locals get a heavily discounted price with the pass, but we still come to the parks and spend money. One year, our passes were supposed to get us 20% off at certain shops and restaurants. Without warning, they dropped it to 10%. When they jacked up the entrance fees and noticed a dip in attendance, they made a big deal of announcing the return of the 20% discount.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020