advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
fire in the hole?!....'Jeopardy' fires Mike Richards, as EP......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 31, 2021 11:23AM
......fired as Executive Producer of the show.....

Jeopardy! Fires Mike Richards as EP

....Less than two weeks after Sony Pictures Television revealed that Jeopardy! would retain Mike Richards as executive producer, he has been let go.

Suzanne Prete, executive vice president of business and strategy at Sony Pictures Television, confirmed Richards’ departure as EP in a memo to Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune staff on Tuesday

“I’m writing to let you know that Mike will no longer be serving as EP of Wheel and Jeopardy! effective immediately,” Prete wrote. “We had hoped that when Mike stepped down from the host position at Jeopardy! it would have minimized the disruption and internal difficulties we have all experienced these last few weeks. That clearly has not happened.”

Initially tapped to succeed the late, great Alex Trebek as host of the long-running game show, Richards bowed out from that role when anti-Semitic, misogynistic and racist jokes that he told on a podcast in the mid-2010s resurfaced online. (You can read details here.) “It has become clear that moving forward as host would be too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show,” he said (in part) in a statement at the time. “As such, I will be stepping down as host effective immediately.”

Later, a Sony Pictures Television spokesperson confirmed for TVLine that, despite the revelation of Richards’ past remarks, he would remain EP at Jeopardy! In a separate statement, the rep said that the powers that be “have spoken with him about our concerns and our expectations moving forward.” Since Richards “led the Jeopardy! team” through Trebek’s two-year battle with pancreatic cancer and subsequent death in November 2020, “it is our hope that as EP, he will continue to do so with professionalism and respect.”

gone.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: fire in the hole?!....'Jeopardy' fires Mike Richards, as EP......
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 31, 2021 12:48PM
Funny, I had to go through 3 links to find out what he said.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 31, 2021 02:55PM
Sue Prys, Soo Pries. Not!
==
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 31, 2021 03:54PM
If he had not stepped into the guest host role, something he supposedly did when other hosts could not appear, no one would have taken notice of him or his remarks.

At this point, no matter who comes in as host there will be a vocal outcry against that person.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: August 31, 2021 04:40PM
rich in distress
Funny, I had to go through 3 links to find out what he said.

Ix-nay on the clicks-nay......

winking smiley

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 31, 2021 07:28PM
smiley-excited001
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020