advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MR Forum Confessions
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 01, 2021 12:10PM
Confession is good for your deal loving soul. What’s your confession?

pRICE is the corny fellow that gestures to semi-truck drivers to honk and love it when they do.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2021 12:11PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MR Forum Confessions
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 01, 2021 12:42PM
I'm trying to avoid carbs/sugars.

Today, I ate a cookie.

Posted by: steve...
Date: September 01, 2021 01:25PM
I have not lobbed water balloons at the neighbor's chickens for several weeks now, mostly because they stopped coming into my yard to kick bark mulch all over the street and my lawn.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: jimmy d
Date: September 01, 2021 01:27PM
Jimmy d is that passive/aggressive driver who, when you pull up behind me just inches from my car, slows waaaaay down just to piss you off. driving smiley
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 01, 2021 01:32PM
jimmy d
Jimmy d is that passive/aggressive driver who, when you pull up behind me just inches from my car, slows waaaaay down just to piss you off. driving smiley

I confess that I may have not let in someone who was not signaling, on multiple occasions. However anyone who does signal is rewarded. Classical conditioning in the real world!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 01, 2021 01:42PM
I’m rebuilding my raspberry pi server because the boot loader was corrupt and as it turns out, out of date.

Caught a mouse today. I put out a ton of traps in strategic locations hoping to get an idea of where they might come in. I found some insulation backing minus the insulation which I suspect is a sign of mice. I suspect a furnace vent that’s very old.

Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 01, 2021 01:53PM
mikebw
jimmy d

I confess that I may have not let in someone who was not signaling, on multiple occasions. However anyone who does signal is rewarded. Classical conditioning in the real world!

I've found that the way to (mostly) cure me of being an utter bastard of a passive-aggressive driver is simply not to own a car. I'm less passive-aggressive when I walk, but not completely cured.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 01, 2021 01:58PM
I have been utterly gutless about taking my beloved Mac Pro beyond Sierra, because I feared the possibility of the firmware update bricking the machine. Just did it, with a lot of anxiety. But no harm appears to have been done, beyond more gray hairs on my head.

High Sierra is being installed on one drive.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 01, 2021 03:14PM
ka jowct
I have been utterly gutless about taking my beloved Mac Pro beyond Sierra, because I feared the possibility of the firmware update bricking the machine. Just did it, with a lot of anxiety. But no harm appears to have been done, beyond more gray hairs on my head.

We could have helped! 'If you DO happen to brick that Mac Pro, a new M1 Mini will be in your immediate future!'
Posted by: Frank
Date: September 01, 2021 03:30PM
I am weak! Must not buy another box of Oreos at Costco, must not buy the chocolate covered ice cream bars, must not buy the muffins!
Posted by: rz
Date: September 01, 2021 03:49PM
ka jowct

Ha! Me too. But I recently bought an M1 Mini and once I transition to it, I'll update the firmware and upgrade the OS before selling my Mac Pro.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 01, 2021 03:52PM
I ate a whole bag of TJs "Terra" chips on the way home.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is standing or sleeping on my keyboard.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: September 01, 2021 04:38PM
My blood sugar is approaching pre-diabetes levels, so I'm trying to be careful. However, I've been hopeless in my efforts to resist a gift from our daughter of an old favorite, four stacks of Necco wafers.

Date: September 01, 2021 07:46PM
Fritz
I ate a whole bag of TJs "Terra" chips on the way home.

Those things are great, and half the price of Terra. Must be strong. Must resist…

Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 01, 2021 07:48PM
resistance is futile. I hadn't gone over the edge in 6 months. I'm good.
Now to the dark chocolate part of the meal ....

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is standing or sleeping on my keyboard.
Date: September 01, 2021 08:00PM
sekker
ka jowct

We could have helped! 'If you DO happen to brick that Mac Pro, a new M1 Mini will be in your immediate future!'

No M1 Mini for me for the foreseeable future. I have software I need to keep using. The Mac Pro is such a joy to work with, and still plenty fast for my purposes. Also: I was just reading Kurt Lang’s font management guide, and it is clear that Apple is making it increasingly difficult to make useful changes to what fonts load. All those BS language fonts in every freaking font menu…clearly Apple gives not a single crap about people who do page layout. Trimming the mess in Big Sur requires jumping through some hoops.

We had a power flicker here early this week, and while we only saw a hint of the problem in my ‘hood, it was worse elsewhere and took down all the numbered subway lines plus the L. Given the rain today and so forth, I had visions of the lights going out in the middle of the firmware update.

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 02, 2021 09:09AM
lost in space
My blood sugar is approaching pre-diabetes levels, so I'm trying to be careful. However, I've been hopeless in my efforts to resist a gift from our daughter of an old favorite, four stacks of Necco wafers.

Fasting BG = 99 here. I've cut down on food with no change in weight - insulin resistance has set in. Damned migraines are preceded by carb cravings and improved with carb intake, and I have had a migraine almost every blessed day for about eight years now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020