advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
GoDaddy is terminating "Workspace Email" -- the email that was bundled with or sold with domain-registration...
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 03, 2021 09:32AM
[in.godaddy.com]

Been getting notices for the past week that the email account associated with one of my domains was moving to a free Office 365 account, but all of the settings would remain the same in mail clients and there would be no additional charges.

Transition occurred last night.

Within a few hours of the transition I got this message:

It's time to renew your products.

You have products that'll cancel if you don’t make your move soon. Sign in to your account and renew the stuff you want to keep before it's too late.

Microsoft 365 Email Essentials Basic - Renewal
Cancels on 11/2/2021
$28.68 / 1 Year

Nice scam. No immediate charges related to the transition, but they're canceling the annual credit that I was getting for (POP) email and charging for the "renewal."

Now I have to move the account to my regular host -- make a new accepted domain and mod the MX records and change the settings on all of my mail clients. Giant PITA for a transition where they promise I "won't notice anything different."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2021 09:33AM by Sarcany.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GoDaddy is terminating "Workspace Email" -- the email that was bundled with or sold with domain-registration...
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 03, 2021 10:12AM
Who's your GoDaddy ?

Cloud Grab the Cash...
Re: GoDaddy is terminating "Workspace Email" -- the email that was bundled with or sold with domain-registration...
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 03, 2021 01:03PM
Maybe if they are done killing elephants they needed to move on to pssing off other people.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 03, 2021 02:04PM
I transferred my domain outta there after learning that the head honcho was an elephant-killing piece of garbage. They had already killed the (underperforming) email account that came with the domain.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020