advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RED YOU FOOLS! Apple Watch Series 6 40mm GPS $249
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 03, 2021 12:20PM
The color is a bit much for some but the features are great. I helped some elderly friends get theirs at Costco recently. The Fall Detection, hands free calling, and health features are a great help. Also great for everyone else. I use mine regularly for exercise tracking and I am doing ok with my weight management.

[slickdeals.net]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RED YOU FOOLS! Apple Watch Series 6 40mm GPS $249
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 03, 2021 12:26PM
Plenty of series 6 deals these days. They are fine watches if you own an iPhone.

ATT runs a buy one get one cheaper deal regularly.

The series 7 seems likely to be delayed.
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 03, 2021 03:46PM
My wife got red and she likes it a lot. She alternates with pink. I use basic black!
Posted by: Spiff
Date: September 03, 2021 04:14PM
Wait. Hold on. The series 7 watch will likely be delayed? Why? How do we know this? I've been holding out for the series 7 (using my fractured screen series 4 watch, using a plastic cover to keep it from falling apart). Should I not do that any more? Should I go for the 6? Thoughts?
Date: September 03, 2021 04:46PM
Spiff
Wait. Hold on. The series 7 watch will likely be delayed? Why? How do we know this? I've been holding out for the series 7 (using my fractured screen series 4 watch, using a plastic cover to keep it from falling apart). Should I not do that any more? Should I go for the 6? Thoughts?

I don't know anything about delayed but in the current pandemic climate, nothing is surprising.

You could get this watch for this price and come out ok when you sell it after a 7 comes out.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: kj
Date: September 03, 2021 04:57PM
I have a series 3 so I'm currently ignoring updates, which makes me think the series 6 would be a really nice upgrade. Maybe even the cellular version (are there deals on that?). The only downside would be I would leave my cell phone somewhere, and not care enough to look for it...

I didn't think I would have a use for the Apple watch, and didn't super want it, but after having it, I wouldn't be without it. It actually helps immensely with working out. It motivates in several ways, and clued me in, first that I was loafing because my times decreased, then again when I saw my VO2 had dropped 5 points in a couple years because...I wasn't working hard enough (I actually was running with my wife and slowed down accordingly, which is worth it really). I added a couple runs without her and it's climbing again.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 03, 2021 08:53PM
Multiple sources have indicated the new design of the series 7 and the supply chain issues are going to delay the launch.

Those are rumors but seem reasonable to me.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 03, 2021 09:07PM
The above mentioned red S6 are available only in the smaller size...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 04, 2021 01:13PM
pRICE cUBE
Spiff

I don't know anything about delayed but in the current pandemic climate, nothing is surprising.

You could get this watch for this price and come out ok when you sell it after a 7 comes out.

I just looked at Swappa and it looks like you could make a profit buying one at $249 and selling it (assuming mint) for over $300! I presume the 6 prices will drop when the 7 comes out but they sure are holding their value well!

[swappa.com]
Posted by: zachdog
Date: September 04, 2021 02:51PM
Thank you for the tip! My mom was looking for a six under $300, and she was delighted to order one today.
Date: September 04, 2021 09:35PM
zachdog
Thank you for the tip! My mom was looking for a six under $300, and she was delighted to order one today.

Yay! smiley-music039

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020