advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
HP Printer Wonkiness
Posted by: Spiff
Date: September 07, 2021 09:21AM
I have an M506 HP laser jet printer (inherited from work when it went belly up). Brought it home, hooked it up. And it just works. It is hooked up by ethernet cable to an etherent switch, that is hooked up by ethernet to a satellite Orbi Base station. It did just work.

Until last week, when we could not print to it anymore. I have three different computers on the same wireless system. In the past, they all communicated with the printer and would print almost instantaneously. Last week, stopped working.

The switch is still good (MacPro 2009 still getting internet from the switch). Orbi checks out. I can print from the 2009 MP that is physically (ethernet) wired to the system. However, none of the wireless connected computers will print. They will recognize the printer, but the printer is either not available or the job immediately pauses when I try to print anything. MP is OS 10.12, mac mini is 10.12, MBP is OS 10.14. When I try to add the printer to one of the wifi computers, it is added as Secure AirPrint. Could that be the problem? Dunno.

Thoughts?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: HP Printer Wonkiness
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 07, 2021 09:29AM
Don’t know but have you restarted all your network gear and computers?
Date: September 07, 2021 09:48AM
Computers have been restarted. Printer has been unplugged and plugged back in. I have not restarted the network gear. I can try that tonight. Good thought. I always hate to do that as inevitably, something does not mesh. Again. Woof.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 07, 2021 10:58AM
There was a driver update maybe 6 months ago that caused some craziness. Just a thought.
Date: September 07, 2021 11:39AM
Good thought. I have not updated anything since it was put in place. Also, thought that Apple included drivers for the printer? I can go home and look into updating firmware and drivers...
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 07, 2021 02:58PM
Check out my last post in this thread:

[forums.macresource.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020