advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
'mo money, 'mo problems?!.....Hulu raising rates......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 07, 2021 11:38AM
.....October 8th.....ad supported goes from $5.99 to $6.99, ad-free goes from $11.99 to $12.99....

Hulu to Increase Price of Ad-Supported, Ad-Free Subscriptions In October

Beginning on Oct. 8, the ad-supported tier will cost $6.99 a month, while the ad-free tier will cost $12.99 a month.

....The price increases, which will impact both existing and new Hulu subscribers, means that the ad-supported tier will increase from $5.99 to $6.99 a month, while the ad-free tier will increase from $11.99 to $12.99 a month. The live TV plans and Disney streaming bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu with ads and ESPN+ for $13.99 a month, will not change in price at this time.

Hulu currently has a total of 42.8 million subscribers, with 39.1 million subscribed to its SVOD subscription and 3.7 million subscripted to its live TV and SVOD plan. Though Hulu has fewer subscribers than Disney+’s 116 million, the streaming service is responsible for most of Disney’s streaming revenue. According to Disney’s latest earnings report, Hulu’s average monthly revenue per paying subscriber was $13.50 for its SVOD service and $84.09 for its live TV and SVOD premium service. Disney+ and ESPN+, on the other hand, both make just over $4 per paid subscriber.

Over the past year, Disney has gradually been increasing the price of its streaming offerings. Hulu last increased its prices for the live TV offering last December to $65 a month, which was a $10 increase per month. In March, Disney+ subscriptions increased by $1 for a total of $7.99 a month, while in July, ESPN+ announced a price increase from $5.99 to $6.99 a month.

Hulu’s price changes come shortly after the streamer received a boost in content from Disney+ Hotstar, the streaming platform best known for Bollywood and South Asian films, including Hotstar specials like The Empire, Aarya, Criminal Justice and Dil Bechara.

price going up..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2021 11:54AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 'mo money, 'mo problems?!.....Hulu raising rates......
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 07, 2021 12:21PM
What about for Students and Teachers?

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 07, 2021 12:26PM
Student plus teacher status would mean they pay you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2021 12:29PM by RgrF.
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 07, 2021 01:05PM
42.8 million x $1 = $43 million dollar profit.

good work if you can get it?

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 07, 2021 01:09PM
.....another article says that Disney is trying to get people to get the triple bundle....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 07, 2021 03:01PM
As a legacy Sprint customer, I get Hulu for free on T-Mobile. Check to see if your plan supports this.
Posted by: testcase
Date: September 07, 2021 03:48PM
Several months ago, I locked in 12 months @ $1.99 per month ($2.12 with tax) for “Ad Supported” HULU. When the year is up, I’ll drop HULU if they raise my rate. I get “Standard” Netflix free as a T-Mobile customer. TUBI is a FREE “ad supported” streaming service that offers a lot of “Classic” films I enjoy.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: September 07, 2021 06:58PM
$1.99/month BF deal is all it's worth to me.
Posted by: ArtP
Date: September 07, 2021 08:27PM
Bill in NC
$1.99/month BF deal is all it's worth to me.
Same here.... (well maybe i would do $2.99 per month if that was the Black Friday special...).

I have multiple email addresses - remember I had to jump through hoops for the .Mac vs Gmail addy to re-up the special.

I actually get the majority of my content through Xfinity (Hulu & free HBO Max from AT&T through Xfinity apps) - maybe once every month or two I'll launch either to catch a movie or binge a series.

I just grabbed a Roku Premier to "side grade" replace a older Roku Express to make a dumb TV smart and hopefully add Airplay or free Youtube to that TV/ May catch Hulu on that on occasion also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020