advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need Reccomendation of camera for room in house, online
Posted by: Microman
Date: September 07, 2021 05:48PM
I want to install a camera in a room to watch for an activity so that I can see if something is happening is there a high-quality camera that I could tune in to or record

thanks

$ disappearing
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need Reccomendation of camera for room in house, online
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 07, 2021 06:14PM
Eufy 2k camera on Amazon. Really good picture quality for the money.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: September 07, 2021 06:16PM
macphanatic
Eufy 2k camera on Amazon. Really good picture quality for the money.

I haven't used Eufy, but from what I understand, they record locally, which is probably much better for image quality.

Ring and Arlo (both of which I use), may be "1080p" and may be "high-quality cameras" but because they record to the cloud, the picture quality can often be garbage at times because of the compression.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 07, 2021 06:54PM
Wyzecam. View on your phone.

…and [wyze.com]
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 07, 2021 06:58PM
If Wyze, get the V3, much better image quality than it's V2 or Pan

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 07, 2021 07:46PM
I'm heavily in the Wyze community but there is this:

View Echo Show Camera Remotely Through Your Phone

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 08, 2021 06:37AM
I have both Eufy 2K and Wyze V2. Both cameras can record locally to microSD

I found Eufy to be more reliable. Wyze app is often buggy. The latest version seems better though.

Wyze requires subscription for person defection. Eufy does it for free.

EDIT: I stopped buying Wyze cameras. I had 2 for many years. I recently bought a Eufy that I liked so much, I bought 4 more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2021 06:38AM by space-time.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 08, 2021 07:13AM
space-time
I have both Eufy 2K and Wyze V2. Both cameras can record locally to microSD

I found Eufy to be more reliable. Wyze app is often buggy. The latest version seems better though.

Wyze requires subscription for person defection. Eufy does it for free.

EDIT: I stopped buying Wyze cameras. I had 2 for many years. I recently bought a Eufy that I liked so much, I bought 4 more.

Me too. Bunch of Wyze cameras are sitting collecting dust. Other benefit is that Eufy supports RTSP out of the box. Wyze limits this to beta firmware and has done so for several years.
Posted by: d4
Date: September 08, 2021 09:03AM
Microman
I want to install a camera in a room to watch for an activity so that I can see if something is happening

Does this activity involve an intelligent sentient being that will alter its behavior if it is known a camera device is in the vicinity?

Posted by: modelamac
Date: September 08, 2021 09:10AM
Microman
I want to install a camera in a room to watch for an activity so that I can see if something is happening is there a high-quality camera that I could tune in to or record

thanks

$ disappearing

I have used 4-5 different brands and found Wyze and Eufy brands to be the best bang for the buck. Both record to SD cards you install in the cameras, so there is no storage subscription required. Wyze cameras are cheaper, have a 32GB SD card max, and you need to subscribe to Person Recognition or it will pickup and record light changes from clouds passing in front of the sun, sparkles from spider webs, etc. Eufy is more expensive, has motion selectivity built in, and can take up to 128GB SD cards. Also can record in 2k rather than the 1080p streaming quality. Both brands have easy to use apps for the phone. Both brands are easy to set up, and both have 2-way communication.

I'm getting rid of my Wyze units and going with Eufy because video sensitivity control (person vs any motion) is better and free.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 08, 2021 09:33AM
modelamac, JSKY i’ve used 64gb cards in my wyze cams with no problems. others have reported using 128.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Mactel
Date: September 08, 2021 11:50AM
I like the Aqara G2H. Bought one a while ago for $55. Provided you have upgraded your iCloud storage, you can use this directly with Homekit secure video without having to use any other apps. I trust Apple's secure video over a third party app which is doing who knows what with the video feeds.
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 09, 2021 09:11PM
Eufy is more expensive,

Qyze is $20 + shipping, usually comes out at $27-30. Eufy is about $27-28 with free shipping on sale at Amazon, normal price is what, $39? still not much more than Wyze.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020