Date: September 10, 2021 08:55PM
Anyone use one that the like?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Beard straightener?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 10, 2021 10:53PM
Classic is good. Steam helps a lot.

Use too much steam and you’ll look like this poor guy:

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2021 11:45PM by Speedy.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 11, 2021 01:13PM
Damn, I *KNEW* I shoulda left the mask up for the pic!

When I first grow the beard out, it's kinda kinky/wavy/curly, but then after 3-4 weeks it straightens itself out, so at about 6 weeks I start trimming off the wonkiness at the ends, and by a couple of weeks later all is good. I woulda thunk there's some sorta hair relaxer out there that oughta work for beards, as/if needed. Beard balms may help, at least according to all the ads that pop up.

Have you tried growing the beard out long enough to see if it straightens out by itself? Steam near the face sounds scary....
==
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 12, 2021 02:52AM
Buzz, you’re a good sport! And that’s a great beard!!

Buzz

When I first grow the beard out, it's kinda kinky/wavy/curly, but then after 3-4 weeks it straightens itself out, so at about 6 weeks I start trimming off the wonkiness at the ends, and by a couple of weeks later all is good. I woulda thunk there's some sorta hair relaxer out there that oughta work for beards, as/if needed. Beard balms may help, at least according to all the ads that pop up.

Have you tried growing the beard out long enough to see if it straightens out by itself? Steam near the face sounds scary....
==

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 12, 2021 02:02PM
Buzz

==

Seems that the shorter, the straighter. Going to grow it out and see what happens
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 12, 2021 04:55PM
Seems that the shorter, the straighter. Going to grow it out and see what happens...

Caustic chemicals and/or enough steam to straighten beard hair that close to one's face sounds like a Bozo No-No. New first growth here is OK/straight(ish) for first ~7 days, then gets funky for next couple of weeks. Then it's just a matter of letting the funky stuff grow out enough to leave the smooth/straight growth after trimming it off. Everybody's beards are different, so there's no generalizing that's gonna be universally applicable.

If I only use an electric stubble-length (or greater) trimmer after the funky is gone, the growth stays reasonably straight. Once the razors, manual and/or electric, are in action for more than a few weeks, it's back to the de-funk protocol. Sounds like you're on the right track; grow it out, and see it sprout.... then you'll know what you have to deal with.
Good luck, and enjoy the journey.
==
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 13, 2021 11:32AM
....if one is acting as a beard for someone........that person can be either gay or straight.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020