advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
In ‘pressing’ Tesla news…
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 11, 2021 03:34PM
New Model Y metal frames made from a single ‘pressing’ step are stacking up in the newest US-based factory.

Super cool.

[www.teslarati.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In ‘pressing’ Tesla news…
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 11, 2021 03:35PM
....press......to digitation......????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 12, 2021 09:30AM
I think Tesla are sandbagging estimates for production ramp. This year they’re likely to hit very close to 1,000,000 vehicles. I think they’ll be double that next year as Austin and Berlin ramp. They’ll possibly double again as both factories hit full production. By then Tesla will likely have one or two more factories under construction in the US. Meanwhile the US government is doing everything they can to Osborne legacy auto makers and handicap Tesla. Legislation is being drafted to provide a $12.5k credit for legacy auto. That will make their EV offerings have higher demand. Consumers will put off buying new vehicles as they wait and wait for these rumored EVs to materialize. The reality is that Ford and GM can only build about 100k a year and probably won’t exceed 250k until 2027. Demand for ICE full dwindle and demand for EVs will explode. GM has an actual battery factory under construction but it likely won’t open until 2023 and it will be too little too late anyway. Ford and GM won’t be able to buy batteries fast enough to keep up with demand and Tesla can’t build factories fast enough despite doubling production year after year after year. Eventually 3/5 of vehicles on US roads will be Tesla and the rest likely will be Chinese. I don’t think people in the Midwest and East Coast realize just how badly GM and Ford are screwed. They’re going to act shocked and surprised when both file for chapter 11. If they wanted to compete they needed to start 5 years ago. It’s too late now. Unless the govt provides a Tesla specific penalty in addition to a Ford/GM bonus they can’t catch up. It’s too late

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2021 09:31AM by ztirffritz.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 13, 2021 11:31AM
ztirffritz
I think Tesla are sandbagging estimates for production ramp. This year they’re likely to hit very close to 1,000,000 vehicles.

I now see several Teslas each time I drive around town. Mostly 3s & Ys. Couple years a go, seeing the "T" logo was not rare, but infrequent.

I think I saw a Plaid, but that would be unusual. It was blacked out (no chrome). Just kinda glimpsed it. Are there other Teslas with a blackout option?

Still planning on buying one in about a year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020