advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
WTC, pix
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 11, 2021 07:45PM

Shots from Battery Park City and West Street, early to mid ‘90s.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: WTC, pix
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 11, 2021 08:07PM
I miss 'em.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 12, 2021 07:10AM
The pedestrian bridge over West St. saved one of my coworkers. He worked with an ambulance service serving the orthodox community, and went down to WTC that morning. They had returned from taking a burn victim to hospital and were parked under the bridge when the first tower came down, He was one of those evacuated to NJ that day. The other member of his crew also survived.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: JoeM
Date: September 12, 2021 07:57AM
I used to enjoy walking over the Vesey St. bridge in the mornings when I used to do audio gigs at the World Financial Center for Merrill Lynch. I would have been working there the following Tuesday morning after 9/11.

JoeM
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: September 12, 2021 08:37AM
I treated victims of the attack in High Bridge, NJ as an EMT for a volunteer EMS unit. Folks got onto trains and we were the last stop. I mostly washed out eyes filled with dust and debris. Has many memories for me.

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 12, 2021 09:29AM
I visited NYC in 1996. We went up the towers, I pulled a Ferris Beuller on the Observation deck, bumping my head into the window to look straight down.

The security guard lady told me and my then wife "It's always the guys who do that!"

Then said "we're opening the roof deck in a few minutes. If you want to go, gather by that door."

We took pictures there and up on the deck.

A year later we were separated. I lost what little I had at that point, except a TV and stereo.
Years later, I wrote her a letter asking for the pictures.

She never responded.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020