Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter $8.90, normally $29.99
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 12, 2021 10:24AM

[slickdeals.net]
Our research indicates that at the time of this post, the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (MD821AM/A) is $20.09 lower (~69.3% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $29.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter $8.90, normally $29.99
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 12, 2021 11:03AM
This reviewer indicate the adapter is more than just something for cameras.

Kids, this is the real deal. People make fun of Apple and their overpriced dongles, but this thing is magic. No really, I can't think of another tiny piece of hardware that has so drastically expanded what I can do with a single port.

This dongle hides behind the name "Camera Adapter", as if it were a mere tool for camera enthusiasts. I don't care about cameras at all, I've used this to:

- Attach a USB keyboard for use with my iPad Pro
- Connect a Blue Yeti USB Microphone to my iPad and record vocals
- Attach a USB MIDI Controller which then seamlessly hooks into Garageband's Synth instruments
- Connect to a USB-to-Ethernet hub and download stuff to my iPhone/iPad over Ethernet
- Oh, by the way, that hub I mentioned has 3 USB ports on it, I can connect stuff to **all three of them** and download over Ethernet at the same time.
- And yeah, maybe I'll try it out with a camera someday when I'm done rocking out with all these other peripherals... I wonder if I could plug in an Electric-Guitar-to-USB adapter...

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: August West
Date: September 12, 2021 11:18AM
FYI, the pic appears to be the original(?) version. I grabbed the version with USB/Lightning so I could power the iPad while it stream music through an external usb DAC.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: d4
Date: September 12, 2021 11:23AM
Tuesday's iPhone 13 announcement with USB-C port instead of lightning? Hmmmm....

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 12, 2021 11:28AM
Perfect timing! My wife is learning to play the piano through an iPad app, and for full function, it needs this specific cable to plug the keyboard into.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 12, 2021 12:45PM
d4
Tuesday's iPhone 13 announcement with USB-C port instead of lightning? Hmmmm....

Maybe for the Pro models?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 12, 2021 12:57PM
August West
FYI, the pic appears to be the original(?) version. I grabbed the version with USB/Lightning so I could power the iPad while it stream music through an external usb DAC.

Link to that one?

It is what it is.
Posted by: August West
Date: September 12, 2021 01:52PM
Apple Lightning to USB 3 Adapter

IIRC, I got it little bit cheaper from someone else, like Amazon, Adorama, or B&H.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 12, 2021 06:22PM
I've been wanting a couple of these for awhile, but had no idea of the additional features.

Plugging a keyboard into my iPads is great.

All the BT ports on my Logi are spoken for.

In for two!

Thank you, pRICE!

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: September 12, 2021 09:46PM
"In stock soon". Earliest delivery for Prime members is 10/4-5. I'm in for one. Thanks Price!

JoeM
Posted by: tenders
Date: September 13, 2021 07:18AM
Alas, mine iPad hath only USB-C.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 13, 2021 09:27AM
tenders
Alas, mine iPad hath only USB-C.

There's a different connector for that. Much pricier but it works great. Plug in a powered USB hub and plug in whatever you want to that. I bought all this kind of stuff figuring out how to live stream.

Apple MJ1L2AM/A USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2021 09:31AM by graylocks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020