advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New experience
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: September 13, 2021 11:24AM
Went to the dentist this AM and got a filling. No biggie. Came back to work. Around 11ish, my chin, cheek and lips on the left were still numb. Then it happened. I got an itch! So I naturally tried to scratch it. But my face was numb so I couldn't! So I literally had an itch I couldn't scratch. How can you feel an itch when you have no feeling??? It was horrible.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New experience
Posted by: modelamac
Date: September 13, 2021 11:52AM
Turn the other cheek.RollingEyesSmiley5

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: September 13, 2021 12:32PM
Nerves can do such weird things. I had a nerve that was compressed by a growth in my thigh. Where the growth was, there was no problem, but I had shooting pains and itching down that leg all the way to my foot. Had the growth removed, all's well.

I knew an amputee who had tingling and itching in his foot that was no longer there.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 13, 2021 01:22PM
lost in space
I knew an amputee who had tingling and itching in his foot that was no longer there.

That's a very common phenomenon among amputees, even years after the original loss of the limb(s).

It is what it is.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: September 13, 2021 02:27PM
N-OS X-tasy!
lost in space

That's a very common phenomenon among amputees, even years after the original loss of the limb(s).

Yep. A good friend of mine had his leg amputated at least 10 years ago. He still has itches in the missing limb after all those years.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 13, 2021 03:05PM
I had terrible pain down my left arm that left the arm largely immobile. I was unable to raise the arm or carry anything of any substantial weight without it lighting up.

It was diagnosed as a "frozen shoulder."

Kind of hard to believe as the pain in my shoulder was minimal. Most of the pain was at or below my elbow and ran down the arm in a straight line to the joint at my wrist, spreading out into my fingers.

Nevertheless, a cortisone shot to the shoulder and physical therapy for the shoulder fixed it.

Yeah, nerves are funny.

Posted by: bazookaman
Date: September 13, 2021 04:51PM
That was my first thought. That it must be what a phantom limb would feel like. That would be absolutely horrible. I mean, it bothered me a LOT for maybe 30 minutes. But I knew it was only b/c the numbing agent was finally wearing off. So eventually I had feeling back and it was all good and scratchable. But to have to live with that. I can't even imagine.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 13, 2021 04:53PM
Like the touch version of tinnitus.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020