advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Those brands Amazon dropped...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 14, 2021 08:20AM
Other's mentioned this a few months back, but when looking into using "buy again" at Amazon, the item I'd purchased late last year had vanished from my "Your Orders" list. Further investigation led me to this from April:

"Amazon has suspended over a dozen Chinese sellers for participating in fake review schemes. The list includes Mpow and Aukey, two of the biggest electronics Amazon-native brands out of China. The total sales by the suspended sellers eclipses $1 billion.

The brands suspended are Mpow, Aukey, VicTsing, Tacklife, Austor, Vtin, Seneo, Homasy, Homitt, LITOM, TopElek, OMORC, TRODEEM, Atmoko, HOMTECH, OKMEE, and others."

[www.marketplacepulse.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Those brands Amazon dropped...
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 14, 2021 08:31AM
I just purchased a nice GaN USB C charger from Aukey. I have also been pleased with Mpow products.

We have also received 3 products from Amazon in the last month with a 'post a review, we will give you an Amazon gift card' card in the package - against all Amazon policy.

Amazon is definitely being 'selective' on which vendors to 'enforce' their policies.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 14, 2021 08:31AM
Deus,

Disappointed to see MPow and Aukey. Both make good products. They didn't need fake reviews to bolster them. Then again, many of these companies appear to be repackaging the same product and slapping their name on it. So, it won't be that difficult to find viable replacements for them.

Robert
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 14, 2021 08:42AM
Robert M
Deus,

Disappointed to see MPow and Aukey. Both make good products. They didn't need fake reviews to bolster them. Then again, many of these companies appear to be repackaging the same product and slapping their name on it. So, it won't be that difficult to find viable replacements for them.

Robert

I found Aukey made some terrific products that stood out. In many ways, they were the top competitor to Anker on the Amazon platform. Amazon and Anker have a VERY cushy relationship. I think that played into the choice of which vendors to kick to the curb.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 14, 2021 11:17AM
sekker
Robert M
Deus,

Robert

I found Aukey made some terrific products that stood out. In many ways, they were the top competitor to Anker on the Amazon platform. Amazon and Anker have a VERY cushy relationship. I think that played into the choice of which vendors to kick to the curb.

All of both of these posts. Funny how you (OK, I) decided that Anker was decent. And then Mpow and Aukey stuff was good enough when they were the only other brand making what I needed wanted. I recognize that a number of the other banned brands offered similar products, but I still gravitated to the same 3 that other people frequently did.

Was it quality of product shoots and advertising? Less mangled English? Less obviously hokey brand name? Hmmm...
Posted by: datbeme
Date: September 14, 2021 11:17AM
RAVPower was also in this group, and I really like some of their stuff.

I get why Amazon gave these companies the heave ho, but as a customer, I don't appreciate losing the product descriptions from my order history.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: September 14, 2021 11:34AM
Lew Zealand
sekker
Robert M
Deus,

Robert

All of both of these posts. Funny how you (OK, I) decided that Anker was decent. And then Mpow and Aukey stuff was good enough when they were the only other brand making what I needed wanted. I recognize that a number of the other banned brands offered similar products, but I still gravitated to the same 3 that other people frequently did.

Was it quality of product shoots and advertising? Less mangled English? Less obviously hokey brand name? Hmmm...

I'm with you on all counts.

I like Anker, but somewhere along the way they went from being great quality and a tremendous value to average quality and kind of pricey. That may or may not be true, but the last few years it just feels like they've found a spot in the market where bang for the buck is no longer necessary. They are the trusted option in a sea of no-names, but that comes at a price.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 14, 2021 11:40AM
....do they still sell......'Acme'......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 14, 2021 11:42AM
Well, it's not that those brands didn't make good kit, it's that they lied about reviews for it, encouraging, promoting, if not paying for positive reviews.

Lying to get me to buy a good product is still a decietful practice, because it's not about getting me to buy a good product, it's about 'them' making a sale.

So yes, good there's a flag on the play.

Amazon is definitely being 'selective' on which vendors to 'enforce' their policies.

Maybe.

What is AMZ's threshold on violators?

Maybe they haven't had time to find and/or oust everybody.

Maybe they think that shooting a few in the back of the head will be a warning to others.

I don't know.

But since we're not at all accountable for what we say, why not cast baseless aspersions.

What harm could it do.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: testcase
Date: September 14, 2021 03:57PM
I was offered "free" products in exchange for "reviews".

I replied that I was interested BUT, ANY & ALL reviews I wrote would be HONEST & COMPLETE, warts and all. I never heard from them again and, of coarse, I NEVER received ANY "free products" for "review". angry villagers smiley
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 15, 2021 03:46PM
I bought an Aukey dash cam when a deal was posted here and been using it for 2 or 3 years. Saved my butt on insurance claims when other drivers hit me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020