advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Try the shallow depth of field setting on iPhone aka iPhone steps up when SLR lens fogs up
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 14, 2021 10:12AM
Was asked to shoot some quick images for a friend involved in a non-profit group. I wanted a blurred background natural light portrait. The lens on my SLR front element fogged up with condensation because it had been in and air conditioned room. Having limited time, I used the XS Max and the background blur mode to simulate aperture f/1.4 for nice blur. The portraits looked pretty darn good and helps out my friend. No one other than the portraits subjects are aware unused the iPhone. They said “your camera takes such nice pictures” being unaware that it was an iPhone.

If you haven’t tried that mode on your iPhone and it is available, give it a try. The aperture setting is on the top right after you switch or portrait mode. It is the circled f. The lower the number the more the background blur.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Try the shallow depth of field setting on iPhone aka iPhone steps up when SLR lens fogs up
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 14, 2021 10:37AM
portrait mode is awesome.

I deal with real estate agents and crappy headshots all the time -- my 2 second advice is always to stand in front of a bookcase, or bushes or some patterned wall with no direct light and use portrait mode.

change the studio lighting to match and adjust depth -- beautiful pro looking shots every time

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: Try the shallow depth of field setting on iPhone aka iPhone steps up when SLR lens fogs up
Posted by: DP
Date: September 15, 2021 06:31AM
I use my phone (Galaxy S10+) for a lot more imagery than even I thought possible-simply because of the quality of the camera. I'm still amazed at photographic evolution over the past 50 years...

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 15, 2021 07:52PM
Thanks for posting this, but I guess it’s not available on X hardware.
Sigh…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

AllGold , jdc , kj , timg
Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020