advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FU: Jumped on a good ebay deal and only later noticed it was from a zero feedback account. Will I get what I've purchased?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 15, 2021 07:35AM
Previous thread - [forums.macresource.com]

Nope.

I got a notice that the item was delivered this morning, although the tracking info says it was delivered yesterday. It says it was delivered to the wrong town (although the correct zip code) and its the wrong weight by a factor of about 20.

Disappointing but not that surprising. I wonder what kind of item is floating around in the UPS system. Someone is getting a box of rocks.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FU: Jumped on a good ebay deal and only later noticed it was from a zero feedback account. Will I get what I've purchased?
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 15, 2021 07:40AM
Guess it’s claim filing time. Sorry about that.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: FU: Jumped on a good ebay deal and only later noticed it was from a zero feedback account. Will I get what I've purchased?
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 15, 2021 08:40AM
I had this happen to me, although I don’t remember that the seller had zero feedback. Bought something (think it was an iPad for a surprisingly low amount) and it was “delivered”, but not to me - rather, some package (probably empty) was delivered to an address somewhere in Minneapolis (which eBay would not disclose to me) while I live in the St Paul suburban area.

The kicker is this: when I initially made an online complaint to eBay, they denied it (via email), saying that the seller had provided “proof of delivery”. I had to get on the phone with eBay and then that person was able to see it wasn’t sent to me. Then they reversed the ruling and I got my money back.

Hopefully you won’t need to run through this, but if they do, don’t let an initial denial deter you.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 15, 2021 09:23AM
I had an item that was delivered to someone in the Netherlands, quite a distance from South Carolina. In my case, after some back-and-forth arguing that the Netherlands is not in the United States, the item was re-sent.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: September 15, 2021 10:13AM
pdq
The kicker is this: when I initially made an online complaint to eBay, they denied it (via email), saying that the seller had provided “proof of delivery”. I had to get on the phone with eBay and then that person was able to see it wasn’t sent to me. Then they reversed the ruling and I got my money back.

Yup, this is a type of eBay scam that sort of almost works, because most tracking information doesn't show any more than the zip code/city.

I also had a similar situation (4 years ago) in which a (probably) empty envelope was delivered to the same zip code. I called FedEx and they verbally verified that the package did not get delivered to my address (and I think told me it went to a CVS). eBay initially sided with the seller and I had to complain some more and they had me fill out an IC3 form (Internet Crime Complaint) and issued a "courtesy" refund and basically said it's a "one-time" exception to the rules. Luckily, I haven't had to test that...

eBay
In order to continue with the investigation of your eBay Money Back Guarantee case, we require that you make an online report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) and send us a copy of the report in the next 5 calendar days. The IC3 is a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center that specializes in Internet-related crime complaints; this organization is ideally suited to address your issue, and a copy of the report will allow us to follow up with them at a later date.
Here's how you can file your report online:
1. Go to www.ic3.gov
2. Click on ‘File a Complaint’
3. Read the terms and click ‘I Accept’
4. Fill out the form
5. Take a screenshot of the filled out form and then submit the form. It may require three separate screenshots to capture the entire form.
6. Open Paint and paste the screenshot.
7. Save a copy of the report to your computer
8. Provide the official document via our upload document link:
##Insert_correct_Document_Uploader_link_here_see_Internal_Notes_for_list_of_links##
Please provide a copy of the report within 5 calendar days, or the case will close automatically and no refund will be issued.
You can send your documents to us in the following file formats: *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, or pdf. For security reasons, we do not accept any other formats or aggregated (compressed) or executable files. The total size of the documents cannot be greater than 20 megabytes (MB). A single file cannot be larger than 2 MB.
Keep in mind that eBay will not be able to cover you if this happens again in the future. Here are some tips that may help prevent this from happening again:
- If you have had other issues receiving mail or packages, it might be a good idea to get a P.O. Box so your mail will be safe.
- You may want to talk to neighbors to see if one of them got the package by mistake.
- You can contact the shipping carrier to see if there's more information on where the package is.
We appreciate your cooperation and we look forward to your response so we can resolve this for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020