advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Wyze Explains Itself
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 15, 2021 10:42AM
I know a lot of us here are Wyze product users and some are quite disgruntled and perplexed by the blitz of products and failed customer service.

I've been quite happy with their products given the price point and have appreciated their level of transparency. They just released a video explaining (not excusing) their tactics in the past year or so and how things will improve now.

The Future of Wyze is Coming

Let me be the first to say, yes, I follow my Apple Kool-Aid with a Wyze chaser.

Pro Tip: Listen to talking heads youtube vids at 1.5 speed or better. On this one it will save you at least 2 minutes.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 10:49AM by graylocks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wyze Explains Itself
Posted by: ArtP
Date: September 15, 2021 11:27AM
Pretty cool...

I am in for two levels of Wyze Cams, a Wyze scale (still in box) and the Wyze lamp that I need to open and put together one day.

Oh crap, almost forgot the Wyze hand vac....

They just make those launches so good you just want to get in on the ground floor of the release.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 15, 2021 11:27AM
Only 150 people in that company. Pretty small footprint considering what they make.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 15, 2021 12:48PM
mattkime
Only 150 people in that company. Pretty small footprint considering what they make.

I've gotten the idea that those 150 just come up with the ideas, and farm as much as possible out to China.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 15, 2021 12:51PM
DeusxMac
mattkime

I've gotten the idea that those 150 just come up with the ideas, and farm as much as possible out to China.
[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 15, 2021 12:53PM
I had some wyze cameras that were meant for the French market. Somehow they were sold through a 3rd party in the US and they wouldn't provide any support. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. They were identical to US models as best I could tell, just needed to flash the firmware somehow.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: September 15, 2021 01:16PM
ztirffritz
I had some wyze cameras that were meant for the French market. Somehow they were sold through a 3rd party in the US and they wouldn't provide any support. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. They were identical to US models as best I could tell, just needed to flash the firmware somehow.

Many companies do not support gray market goods.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Carm
Date: September 15, 2021 01:46PM
They make software/firmware and rebadge stuff with their own tweaks. I stopped purchasing after v2 cameras. The software-hardware started slowing. Wife started complaining, “it doesn’t load as fast as the ring” so we upgraded plans and pay $10 month (yearly plan) and bought some indoor cams ($50 each on sale at Lowe’s). One of my Pan cameras froze after the previous update. Need to downgrade the firmware or reinstall. My two v1 cameras weren’t functioning properly with the last firmware update so I had to downgrade the firmware. Waiting to see if my sis is going to take them. Still use the v2 because they have sound detection and for the most part they are pretty reliable. A feature lacking in the ring indoor cam. Still have a v2 cam in the garage to for visual confirmation that it’s closed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 01:47PM by Carm.
Date: September 15, 2021 03:50PM
I have 2 V2 cams working fine since 4/2018. one mounted outdoors.
one V3 cam working since 11/2020 mounted outdoors.
one Pan cam working since last month. mounted outdoors.

5 Wyze bulbs one of which is working outdoors.
1 set Wyze headphones.

I did buy a Wyze Watch for my son but he promptly lost it in his brief OTR trucking career.

I'm pretty pleased with these products.

Posted by: space-time
Date: September 15, 2021 07:55PM

Have you tried other brands? I switched to Eufy and I like those better. I watched their video, yeah, its' been tough for them. But they need to focus on fewer products and offer better support.
Date: September 15, 2021 08:08PM
space-time

Have you tried other brands? I switched to Eufy and I like those better. I watched their video, yeah, its' been tough for them. But they need to focus on fewer products and offer better support.

no. i've not tried any non-apple smartphones either. wyze products work for me and i'm not really interested in adding yet another brand into my eco-system. apple, wyze, amazon, ring, and kasa are enough!

And while Wyze didn't say there'd be fewer products they did own that customer service has sucked and they have the resources to address that now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 08:10PM by graylocks.
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 15, 2021 08:16PM
but you do have Ring. Isn't that a camera?
Date: September 15, 2021 09:09PM
space-time
but you do have Ring. Isn't that a camera?

installed i have a Ring security system. on deck to be installed one of these days I have a Ring Floodlight Cam that I originally bought to monitor my late brother's back yard and took it down when I sold his house. That will still operate in the same Ring App I use for the security system when i get around to putting it up in my carport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 09:10PM by graylocks.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 15, 2021 09:32PM
I don’t know if it was a wonky firmware update or what, but my scripts for controlling their bulbs are suddenly shot to heII; timing is completely PHOOBAR (Acronyms are verboten? Really?). Only thing left to try, when I get the time and energy, is to delete the app and recreate everything.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020