advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Review on Canon’s R3 Eye Controlled Autofocus. Warning for those with pale blue eyes
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 16, 2021 12:17PM
[www.dpreview.com]

With Eye Control AF, I didn't have to think about where to place the AF point, or make sure I kept my central point over the action to initiate tracking. I could just watch where the action was happening in the frame, maintaining my preferred composition, and hit the shutter. The AF area would go to where I was looking, focus, initiate tracking on the player (often recognizing and following their eyeball), and I could fire off as many shots as I wanted.

To state the obvious, there are lots of people on this planet and they have with lots of different eyeballs. Some people (those with very pale blue eyes, certain eye conditions or who wear glasses) may experience inconsistent performance.

It's also important to do multiple calibrations, so the camera can get to know your eye, before you go out and shoot in a situation where you're relying on the system. There are six calibration banks on the camera, and you can 'stack' calibrations within a single bank to get better results. This means you could have different calibrations specifically for different lighting conditions, or for different people using a single camera. Canon recommends that you do multiple calibrations per bank for optimal results.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2021 02:11PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Review on Canon’s R3 Eye Controlled Autofocus. Warning of those with pale blue eyes
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 16, 2021 12:28PM
Lou Reed warned me about this.
Re: Review on Canon’s R3 Eye Controlled Autofocus. Warning of those with pale blue eyes
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 16, 2021 12:31PM
......and don't it make.....my brown eyes......blue......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 16, 2021 12:40PM
My Elan 7e just jumped in value!

If I could get a digital back for it.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 16, 2021 01:31PM
Dark eyes FTW!
Posted by: Gareth
Date: September 16, 2021 02:11PM
pRICE cUBE
Some people (those with very pale blue eyes, certain eye conditions or who wear glasses) may experience inconsistent performance.

Interesting. I thought light eyes would provide better contrast.

I wonder how it would do with completely dark eyes, though. I essentially have no pigment in my left (dominant) eye (looks black).
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 16, 2021 02:15PM
Light eyes might actually have better contrast, but almost everyone at Canon working on camera development is in Japan. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 16, 2021 03:18PM
Gareth
pRICE cUBE
Some people (those with very pale blue eyes, certain eye conditions or who wear glasses) may experience inconsistent performance.

Interesting. I thought light eyes would provide better contrast.

I wonder how it would do with completely dark eyes, though. I essentially have no pigment in my left (dominant) eye (looks black).

Actually you have ALL the pigment. Dark is full of the pigmenty goodness and blue has the least.
Re: Review on Canon’s R3 Eye Controlled Autofocus. Warning for those with pale blue eyes
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 16, 2021 03:27PM
I ponder the effect of someone wearing those iris color changing contact that had pale blue eyes. Would it make the system work better?

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 16, 2021 05:37PM
I had blue contact lenses with a clear center when I was actively using my Elan IIe, and later my EOS 3. Worked fine. I REALLY miss using that EOS 3. My 5D bodies have a very familiar layout though.

My eyes are blue/green. The pale blue tint pushed my eye color to medium blue. Worked very well.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2021 05:42PM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020