advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Should I get a used iPhone X?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 16, 2021 02:13PM
My 4S won't charge and my account owned by my niece (ATT) is messed up, but she is going to straighten everything out and sell me one of he kids' X for $50. She would tell me if something is wrong with it and didn't say anything. I am having to use the library computer and have to hit and run and read the replies later. Is it too big? Will I hate facial recognition when my MO is to open and close it often - when I get the urge to look up something pretty often.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Should I get a used iPhone X?
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 16, 2021 02:38PM
I have one on my plan and it works flawlessly.
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 16, 2021 02:39PM
$50 seems great. FaceID for me is instant.

Although yea, it can be more cumbersome for some things.

Mine sits on my desk, so its doesn't work unless I hover over it... so I have a simple 4 digit password to open it. (rather than default 6 digits)

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 16, 2021 02:44PM
I open my current phone so often, I skip the code and just swipe it open. I also lay it on my stomach when I load something or ponder something. I have a neuromuscular disease and lay on my back most of the day and night. I can't hold it up over a few seconds. Will I lose connection using the facial recognition?
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: September 16, 2021 03:29PM
$50? Go for it, it's a great phone

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.com]
Subscribe here: [www.getrevue.co]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 16, 2021 03:35PM
Good phone, excellent value.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 16, 2021 05:29PM
Dennis S
I open my current phone so often, I skip the code and just swipe it open. I also lay it on my stomach when I load something or ponder something. I have a neuromuscular disease and lay on my back most of the day and night. I can't hold it up over a few seconds. Will I lose connection using the facial recognition?

It wants to see your face, but it has pretty good peripheral vision for what it is. For $50 I'd just get it.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 16, 2021 05:57PM
My partner has an X. Other than she needs a new battery, it's still a very viable phone. She loves the wireless charging pad.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 16, 2021 06:56PM
Its a bargain at twice the price!

I would check the battery health and budget for a replacement.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 16, 2021 07:33PM
Rolando
Its a bargain at twice the price!

I would check the battery health and budget for a replacement.

This.

Also confirm the quality of the screen. I really liked my X (hah! - no 'ex' here so I'm safe), but it the the first (and so far only) iPhone to show micro-scratches over time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020