advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon return
Posted by: Diana
Date: September 17, 2021 05:06PM
Have you ever heard about getting something just WRONG from Amazon??

Well, here's my story. I purchased:

Dekoni Bulletz Memory Foam Earphone Tips - Foam Earbud Replacement - Compatible with Apple Airpods Pro - Replacement Tips (Sample Pack, Grey)

Expecting that they would be in an appropriate package, NEW, and unbroken, I got a large envelope containing just the tips. However, they were not packaged in ANY packaging other than a zip lock bag, inside another zip lock bag, inside the envelope. The medium ones were discolored. Looking at the back of the medium ones, one of them was broken. And most disgustingly, one of the mediums has what appears to be ear wax in it.barf smiley

I have already initiated the return to Amazon, and yes, just give me my money back. And no, I don't think I'll try this vendor again.

The vendor? DigitalDJGear.

That is all.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon return
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 17, 2021 05:12PM
Ewe.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: September 17, 2021 05:42PM
That’s pretty awful!

I just got a pair of sneakers for my other half, and he couldn’t get them on. It turns out they were size 9 in a size 11 box. He wears, and I ordered, 11s. They were new, so it was unexpected. I thought maybe it was something related to women’s vs. men’s sizes, but the box and shoes are both men’s.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 17, 2021 05:44PM
Diana
one of the mediums has what appears to be ear wax in it

Silent "upgrade"?
Posted by: cyclemax
Date: September 17, 2021 06:09PM
Several years ago I received a package from Amazon with my correct name and address. I opened the package and it was a bag of insecticide specifically used to treat crops for some specific type of insect. I called Amazon and they could find no record of it being shipped to me or anybody for that matter. The woman said for me to keep it. I said I don't need it or want it. She would not authorize a return. I got tired of arguing about it and kept it. I think it is still in my shed.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 17, 2021 06:24PM
....wax on.....wax off......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 17, 2021 07:14PM
cyclemax
Several years ago I received a package from Amazon with my correct name and address. I opened the package and it was a bag of insecticide specifically used to treat crops for some specific type of insect. I called Amazon and they could find no record of it being shipped to me or anybody for that matter. The woman said for me to keep it. I said I don't need it or want it. She would not authorize a return. I got tired of arguing about it and kept it. I think it is still in my shed.

Sometimes label printers print out duplicate labels that get slapped on the wrong box.
I'm gonna bet something akin to that happened in your situation.
Don't eat the stuff in the shed.
==
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 17, 2021 07:15PM
at least it's not a condom
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 17, 2021 07:59PM
I recentlt got a keypad that requires a certain wifi connector that was included - except it was missing. I started the return process, but then thought "why should Amazon pay for return shipping on something that is useless and going in the garbage?"

So i initiated a chat, explained the issue and asked if the really wanted to ship something back that was going to be trashed. The representative said to send it back anyway and she would credit my account for $8 - I paid $13. where is my other $5, that is the return shipping cost that she wants me to pay. What???

I disconnected the chat, did an online return, got full $13 credit and they paid return shipping.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2021 08:02PM by Ombligo.
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 17, 2021 08:53PM
I bought a pair of iPhone glass protectors from Amazon and they came opened and used with a torn package. One was completely missing (I presume it was on a phone) and the other had been taken off the backing and stuck back in the package. I just did an online return, saying it was defective and explaining that it had been used. They wanted it back so I sent it; it took 2 weeks to get a refund added to my account. Clearly their return processes aren't working right if they put that back into stock.
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: September 18, 2021 05:27AM
My wife ordered a ‘new’ wallet for my son

When it arrived, there was no way to tell it was used (remember how wallets usually come packaged in a little fancy cardboard box with branding printed on it but no shrink wrap)

When my son was checking out the different pockets inside the wallet, he found something like $50 (I can’t remember the exact amount but it was not an insignificant sum of money!)

Clearly the wallet was used and then returned by someone previously but Amazon sold it as new

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.com]
Subscribe here: [www.getrevue.co]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 18, 2021 02:17PM
pinkoos
My wife ordered a ‘new’ wallet for my son

When it arrived, there was no way to tell it was used (remember how wallets usually come packaged in a little fancy cardboard box with branding printed on it but no shrink wrap)

When my son was checking out the different pockets inside the wallet, he found something like $50 (I can’t remember the exact amount but it was not an insignificant sum of money!)

Clearly the wallet was used and then returned by someone previously but Amazon sold it as new

Now that is a nice silent upgrade. Lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 142
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020