Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The Prisoner marathon underway at Decades - until 5am Monday
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 18, 2021 05:35PM
Number Six against the worst guys.

One of the great TV series of the Sixties The prisoner starring Patrick McGoohan is marathoning on Decades right now...until 5am Monday.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Prisoner marathon underway at Decades - until 5am Monday
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 18, 2021 05:57PM
I am not a number, I am a free man! Does that make # 6 the original vaxx denier?

Commercials were better first time around.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 18, 2021 08:34PM
If for any reason you cannot access Decades, the full run of The Prisoner is also available, for free, on the streaming channel Tubi.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 19, 2021 12:06AM
I binge watched that show (for the first time) last year... Surprising how well (most of it) held up.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 19, 2021 07:25AM
Paul F.
I binge watched that show (for the first time) last year... Surprising how well (most of it) held up.

It had a, dare I say it, unique voice that was serious, yet at the same time conveyed a pronounced, very British tongue in cheek feeling. I don’t know if it could successfully be recreated, but I won’t be surprised when someone tries.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 19, 2021 05:40PM
Blankity Blank
Paul F.

It had a, dare I say it, unique voice that was serious, yet at the same time conveyed a pronounced, very British tongue in cheek feeling. I don’t know if it could successfully be recreated, but I won’t be surprised when someone tries.

Oh, it would fall flat on its ass if they tried to reproduce it... and yes, it had a unique flavor.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: pqrst
Date: September 20, 2021 09:28AM
Paul F.
Blankity Blank
Paul F.

Oh, it would fall flat on its ass if they tried to reproduce it... and yes, it had a unique flavor.

They did.
[en.wikipedia.org])
Interesting location but different story. Kind of like the Andromeda Strain remake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020