Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Chicken overcharge claim form
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 20, 2021 09:12AM
[www.overchargedforchicken.com]

If the chicken you purchased was bought in the following states you could qualify: California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah and Wisconsin.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Chicken overcharge claim form
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 20, 2021 09:16AM
....what if you are chicken......to apply.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 20, 2021 09:30AM
mmmm, lemme guess, of that $181M I'm entitled to maybe $180M.
Pocket change ....hardly worth the clicks.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Date: September 20, 2021 09:34AM
Fritz

More .0$ for me!

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 20, 2021 09:52AM
Fritz

Only if you're a lawyer.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 20, 2021 09:56AM
Lux Interior
Fritz

Only if you're a lawyer a greedy thieving slang word for prostitute (that rhymes with shore).

Fixed that for ya.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 20, 2021 10:49AM
Thanks. But, the form asks if I was a resident of one of those states. I have bought chicken in TN but I'm a resident of GA. No go for me...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 20, 2021 10:52AM
We should absolutely abolish class action suits, since they only ever benefit lawyers.

You got a beef, file a suit and pay it out of your own pocket.

That way everybody wins.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 20, 2021 11:08AM
RAMd®d
We should absolutely abolish class action suits, since they only ever benefit lawyers.

That way everybody wins.

You think the average joe could/would sue a huge conglomerate for anti-competitive behavior, and claim economic losses of, say $100 (if that)?

It would never happen. Class-action suits definitely benefit lawyers when successful, but they’re generally only successful when there is some corporate wrongdoing. The fact that consumers who gave been wronged get scraps is unfortunate, and maybe ought to be addressed, but a world entirely without class-action lawsuits is a world where corporations can screw folks with impunity.

No thanks.
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 20, 2021 11:12AM
pdq
RAMd®d

That way everybody wins.

You think the average joe could/would sue a huge conglomerate for anti-competitive behavior, and claim economic losses of, say $100 (if that)?

It would never happen. Class-action suits definitely benefit lawyers when successful, but they’re generally only successful when there is some corporate wrongdoing. The fact that consumers who gave been wronged get scraps is unfortunate, and maybe ought to be addressed, but a world entirely without class-action lawsuits is a world where corporations can screw folks with impunity.

No thanks.

I fill them out and typically get a few dollars. But, I scored pretty well with the Harbor Freight suit years ago about their comparison prices being baloney. I first got something like a $12 Harbor Freight card but months later got another one for $75 or so along with a letter that not as many people had filed as expected and so the extra was split among those who had filed. I had a party day at Harbor Freight with that!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 20, 2021 12:36PM

No, I do not.

That was fskn sarcasm.

Every time somebody posts about a class action law suit, there's the same tired Old White Guy whining 'only the lawyers get money blah bu blah blah blah', as though no good can possibly come from a class action lawsuit, even if the plaintiffs don't get rich.

No, suits on these smaller issues won't make us rich, but that's not really the point, is it.

Yes, some of them are game changers such as not allowing a 14.5" computer monitor as a 15" monitor, without posting the actual size in at least a .07 font.

(More sarcasm)

File, don't file, but why not save the useless bitchin' for the cribbage or pinochle games with Sam Drucker down at the General Store.

Actually, Drucker was a pretty reasonable guy.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 20, 2021 12:41PM
pdq
RAMd®d

That way everybody wins.

No thanks.

Class action lawsuits are designed to be a punitive solution for bad behavior, not as a windfall for the aggrieved (most of whom never knew they were aggrieved).

RAM just described the exact scenario that led to and created the need for class actions. Any individual inclined to take on a behemoth corporation, one with a fully staffed litigation department, will be papered to death in a suit that will drag on for a near a decade.

The surest way to deter bad behavior is to have class action settlement costs passed on directly to shareholders.
Date: September 20, 2021 01:39PM
Michael
pdq
RAMd®d

That way everybody wins.

No thanks.

I fill them out and typically get a few dollars. But, I scored pretty well with the Harbor Freight suit years ago about their comparison prices being baloney. I first got something like a $12 Harbor Freight card but months later got another one for $75 or so along with a letter that not as many people had filed as expected and so the extra was split among those who had filed. I had a party day at Harbor Freight with that!

My biggest was $120 from a Clorox toilet tank tablet settlement.

Posted by: Acer
Date: September 20, 2021 02:00PM
I got one worth less than the postage and paper it took to send it to me. I put that bad boy in my Roth and now I am CEO of a large multinational corporation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2021 02:01PM by Acer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020