[www3.nhk.or.jp]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Steve Jobs in Kyoto
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 21, 2021 05:42PM
anonymouse1
[www3.nhk.or.jp]

Nice story, poignant ending.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 21, 2021 08:10PM
I can't help wondering if things would have been different had Jobs gotten surgery instead of trying alternative medicines for all those wasted months. He is as infuriating in death as he was in life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2021 08:10PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 21, 2021 10:17PM
$tevie
I can't help wondering if things would have been different had Jobs gotten surgery instead of trying alternative medicines for all those wasted months. He is as infuriating in death as he was in life.

Pancreatic cancer is 95% fatal.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 22, 2021 03:05PM
Speedy
$tevie

Pancreatic cancer is 95% fatal.
He had the rare, slow version, which I understood to mean it was less likely to have metastasized already. Pancreatic cancer has usually metastasized by the time it is diagnosed which is what makes it a killer.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 22, 2021 03:45PM
I miss Steve and I miss Steve's Apple.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 22, 2021 07:18PM
"He might have been aware of when his life would end, since he passed away just one year later," says Ohnishi. "Maybe that's why he chose not to write the whole sentence, and only the first three words."

I think anybody of a certain age would be unable to see those three words and not immediately think of the last five.

Jobs parsed it down to the minimalist less is more.

He had the rare, slow version, which I understood to mean it was less likely to have metastasized already. Pancreatic cancer has usually metastasized by the time it is diagnosed which is what makes it a killer.

This.

He had islet cell pancreatic cancer, milder and slower progressing than other forms of pancreatic cancer.

Others have survived 'his' cancer through traditional medical methodologies undertaken immediately.

After his holistic attempts failed, he tried conventional medicine too late and faced a cascade of medical problems which he had little to no chance of overcoming.

I too wonder what Apple would be like in today's climate, when innovations, revolutionary, or evolutionary products we might have.

I don't begrudge Cook's direction and performance, I'm merely curious as to what might have been.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 299
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020