The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
push-ups
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 22, 2021 10:19AM
Poll
do you?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
40 votes were received.
every day - 20 or so 7

18%
every day - more than 50 0

0%
once in a while 7

18%
never 22

55%
daisies 4

9%

there's more detail that one could add, but for simplicity sake.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: push-ups
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 22, 2021 10:27AM
Last time I did em, I could do one-handed push-ups (of a sort - alternating right and left).

But that was about 10 years ago. Don’t want to harsh that buzz by trying to again now.
Posted by: Spiff
Date: September 22, 2021 10:32AM
Shoulders are giving out on me. Can't do push ups any more due to this.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 22, 2021 10:34AM
......very good at pushing food up into my mouth......pastries, ice cream, cakes, cookies.....are the quickest....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 22, 2021 10:42AM
Spiff
Shoulders are giving out on me. Can't do push ups any more due to this.

Same. In fact I've always had this issue. Too much whipping a baseball or bat when I was younger.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: September 22, 2021 10:52AM
I voted "every day - 20 or so", but the reality is every other day, around 40-50; I figure that averages out to ~20 daily ; )
Posted by: wave rider
Date: September 22, 2021 11:10AM
So this topic is not about bras…?

=wr=
Date: September 22, 2021 11:41AM
wave rider

how many per day?

" ......very good at pushing food up into my mouth......pastries, ice cream, cakes, cookies.....are the quickest...."

these I take in slowly rather than push up.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: September 22, 2021 11:54AM
I used to be able to do them before my shoulder problems. I thought I'd be able to get back to them after my surgery, but no go. My PT guy had me doing wall push ups, I can do those all day.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: September 22, 2021 12:07PM
I voted once in a while. I happened to do some the last couple days, but this is a coincidence. I rarely do them anymore. But I'd like to make it more of a habit. When I do them regularly, even if it's just while loosening up and not part of a full workout, I quickly notice a difference in my strength and the way I feel.

Now for today's pushups. Someone PM me in a week to hold me accountable!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 22, 2021 12:30PM
I was doing LOTS from January-April, when I decided that my 30 pounds of COVID weight needed to come off, but the gym was still closed.

Now that the I'm hitting the gym 3x/wk, I'm not doing many.
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: September 22, 2021 12:47PM
Haven't done push ups for years, maybe decades so had a try just now to see if I could do even one. I managed five in short time but I also have a problem shoulder at the moment so decided not to force any more. Got me thinking afterwards about what you call a push up. I had dead straight body, supported on my toes, the bottom of the push up was nose touching the floor and the top was with arms straightened. Might add a few to my usual daily stretching and mild exercise. About to be 70 so I know I cannot do what I could do half a century ago.

Paul

Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 22, 2021 01:00PM
As part of my 10,000 pushup goal for the year I am averaging 30 per day. That is to say some days I do none, and others I might do as many as 80 or 100. 40 is my highest number of consecutive reps.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 22, 2021 01:35PM
I've been doing planks. 5 sets of 1 minute each. Kicking my ass!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 22, 2021 01:44PM
You can modify push ups to make them easier. Make the knees the point of contact with the floor instead of the toes.
Date: September 22, 2021 01:46PM
do a 90sec plank and 1 for each side as well. But the sides are half planks (at the knee).

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 22, 2021 01:50PM
I've done 10 total all year.

Kneel before Zod!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 22, 2021 02:27PM
I can lift myself off the floor. Does that count ? Then I have to take a nap.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: September 22, 2021 02:48PM
I do around 30...but only on Fridays.

Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 22, 2021 03:00PM
Lew Zealand
I've done 10 total all year.

It is important to pace yourself in order to avoid injury!
Posted by: davemchine
Date: September 22, 2021 03:05PM
I thought this was about bras. Very disappointed.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 22, 2021 03:15PM
freeradical
You can modify push ups to make them easier. Make the knees the point of contact with the floor instead of the toes.

That’s what I had been doing but then got lazy and quit doing even those. I was up to 20 and I’m certain I could have done a few regular push-ups. Fairly certain, anyway. Maybe. I’m absolutely certain I’m no mikebw.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 22, 2021 03:43PM
Only one right answer to this question:

It is what it is.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: September 22, 2021 07:18PM
In my 30s I’d do 100 pushups a day and 770 sit-ups/crunches/leg raises plus lots of other stuff. Now that I’m an old codger I can’t do any of that stuff anymore but I do tai chi Sun style for arthritis and a lot of stretching.

JoeM
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 23, 2021 12:36AM
Yeah, my partner wears them. facepalm

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: September 23, 2021 12:37AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Only one right answer to this question:

Those are awesome when the hot sauce burns on the way out.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 23, 2021 01:29AM
wave rider

I was hoping it would be about the orange sherbet frozen treats that come in a cardboard tube.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Date: September 23, 2021 07:22AM
Thrift Store Scott
wave rider

I was hoping it would be about the orange sherbet frozen treats that come in a cardboard tube.

Why, did you chug some Dave's Insanity Sauce?

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 23, 2021 07:29AM
.....they make drawers for guys.....that push up.....and focus the.....basket......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 23, 2021 09:39AM
I use the bench press instead of push ups. A multi angled bench works different areas of the chest.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020