Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Elvira shares she's been in a 19-year relationship with a woman
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 22, 2021 05:58PM
Good

That friendship turned romantic after Peterson and her husband split and Wierson -- fresh out of her own relationship and rehab with no place to go -- moved in with Peterson and her son.

After a night out, Peterson wrote, she felt compelled to kiss Wierson -- much to their surprise.
"I'd never been interested in women as anything other than friends. I felt so confused," Peterson wrote. "This just wasn't me! I was stunned that I'd been friends with her for so many years and never noticed our chemistry,."

Because her Elvira brand was so tied to being a sexy temptress for men, Peterson worried that going public with her relationship might damage her brand, writing "I'm very aware that there will be some who will be disappointed and maybe even angry, but I have to live with myself, and at this point in my life, I've got to be truthful about who I am."
"For the first time in my life I'm with someone who makes me feel safe, blessed, and truly loved," she wrote.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Elvira shares she's been in a 19-year relationship with a woman
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 22, 2021 05:59PM
I'm surprised she was worried about potential damage to her brand. Is she not aware of the effect the idea of two women being together has on the average American male?

It is what it is.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 22, 2021 06:00PM
....you make me feel.......like a.....natural.....woman......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 22, 2021 06:02PM
N-OS X-tasy!
I'm surprised she was worried about potential damage to her brand. Is she not aware of the effect the idea of two women being together has on the average American male?

Would be my guess...
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: September 22, 2021 06:13PM
N-OS X-tasy!

You mean, like, a turnoff? barf smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 22, 2021 06:56PM
Rick-o
N-OS X-tasy!

Rick-o, no one will accuse you of being average. My reaction at the thought is pretty much the opposite of "puke"

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics

Is my thought!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: September 22, 2021 07:22PM
......hope the news goes....vira.......l......

Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 22, 2021 07:32PM
Apparently her heart is on fire, for Elvira.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 22, 2021 07:47PM
Rolando
Rick-o
N-OS X-tasy!

Rick-o, no one will accuse you of being average. My reaction at the thought is pretty much the opposite of "puke"

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics

Is my thought!

Yep, the old "If one is good, two is better!" thing frequently applies even if the guy isn't personally involved or even present.

In the bigger picture Elvira is a character, not an actual person, and is separate from the person portraying her. Aside from that, Elvira's long-standing rowdy, open, "Sure, why not?" attitude towards sex in general wouldn't seem to exclude fooling around with someone of the same gender if the mood struck and the right offer came along.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: rz
Date: September 22, 2021 07:58PM
Good for her. But really, why does anyone care except for her and her partner?
Date: September 22, 2021 08:18PM
NewtonMP2100
......hope the news goes....vira.......l......

I think the word you're looking for is "Elviral," Newt.

It is what it is.
Date: September 22, 2021 08:22PM
My old co-worker has been a fan of hers since maybe the 70s or so, and has met her a number of times, in costume, and her real look. She is actually a really nice woman. I'm glad she is happy.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 22, 2021 08:40PM
just saw her without makeup on, she's beautiful! the makeup did not add anything, and probably detracted
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 22, 2021 08:40PM
who?
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 22, 2021 08:53PM
rz
Good for her. But really, why does anyone care except for her and her partner?

Id like to say that in this day an age, most peeps are "meh, thats nice" to the whole coming out thing. As in its another everyday thing.

But then again, Utah. And the South. And Texas.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: August West
Date: September 22, 2021 09:04PM
mrbigstuff
just saw her without makeup on, she's beautiful! the makeup did not add anything, and probably detracted

I didn't recognize her out of costume!

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 22, 2021 09:11PM
August West
mrbigstuff

Where? How much was out?? this_thread_is_useless_without_pics

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2021 09:12PM by Speedy.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 22, 2021 09:29PM
yum smiley
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 22, 2021 10:29PM
They both seem very happy.
Posted by: davester
Date: September 22, 2021 11:26PM
Speedy
August West
mrbigstuff

Where? How much was out?? this_thread_is_useless_without_pics

Quite beautiful if you ask me.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: September 22, 2021 11:35PM
mrbigstuff

An argument could be made either way, but the makeup was part of the "Elvira" character and not something Ms. Peterson indulged in on her own.

August West

Yep, you'd never guess she's a natural redhead with an unpretentious and very attractive "girl next door" look to her when she's not in "Elvira" drag.

There's an interesting interview between Ms. Peterson and Ru Paul, both out of drag, on YouTube. I'd link to it but I'm computationally challenged at the moment and YouTube is currently off-limits to me.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Date: September 23, 2021 12:21AM
and she just turned 70. still looks great.

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 23, 2021 05:27AM
Please let us reach the point soon where a person's orientation is not of interest to anyone besides those involved.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: September 23, 2021 07:28AM
.....when the guys come out....why no threads with pics of two men.....??

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: September 23, 2021 08:40AM
Ombligo
Please let us reach the point soon where a person's orientation is not of interest to anyone besides those involved.

This.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
TETO (To Each Their Own)

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 23, 2021 08:59AM
Zoidberg
Ombligo

This.

We will someday but I doubt in my lifetime. I do think we have progressed to a point where public knowledge of one’s orientation doesn’t always have the devastating consequences to career and/or life that it used to. I sometimes get the sense that some of you find these announcements unnecessary and tedious. I guess if you’ve never experienced the brunt of the oppression you don’t quite appreciate the positive effect of affirmation these stories give.

And for the record, i have no idea who Elvira is but apparently a lot of my facebook friends are thrilled.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: September 23, 2021 09:33AM
graylocks
Zoidberg
Ombligo

This.

We will someday but I doubt in my lifetime. I do think we have progressed to a point where public knowledge of one’s orientation doesn’t always have the devastating consequences to career and/or life that it used to. I sometimes get the sense that some of you find these announcements unnecessary and tedious. I guess if you’ve never experienced the brunt of the oppression you don’t quite appreciate the positive effect of affirmation these stories give.

This ^.

graylocks
And for the record, I have no idea who Elvira is but apparently a lot of my facebook friends are thrilled.
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark started off as a revealingly-dressed local Friday Night horror movie host in Southern California in the 1980s. Not only did she present the films, she also made numerous mildly naughty puns and double-entendres while making fun of the general low quality and bad special effects therein... sort of a sexy, horror-themed version of Mystery Science Theatre 3000, but years before MST3K even began. She became so popular that her show was syndicated nationwide. She starred in a feature film that was a parody of bad horror movies which wasn't a success at release but has since gained a "cult" following. She also did a promotion for Bud Light beer that featured a life-size cardboard cutout of her that was highly collectible (read "frequently stolen") from the day it was released.

There's a great video of Elvira and Vincent Price together on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson on YouTube that tells you pretty much all you need to know about the character. Unfortunately I'm unable to provide a link at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 10:18AM by Thrift Store Scott.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 23, 2021 01:00PM
Thrift Store Scott

There's a great video of Elvira and Vincent Price together on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson on YouTube that tells you pretty much all you need to know about the character. Unfortunately I'm unable to provide a link at the moment.

Here is one link - [www.youtube.com]

On Halloween with David Brenner as guest host.
Date: September 23, 2021 02:10PM
Eyes that look like heaven, lips like sherry wine
That girl can sure enough make my little light shine
I get a funny feelin' up and down my spine
Cause I know that my Elvira's mine

So I'm singin'
Elvira, Elvira
My heart's on fire Elvira
Giddy up oom poppa omm poppa mow mow
Heigh-ho silver, away

Tonight I'm gonna meet her at the Hungry House Cafe
And I'm gonna give her all the love I can
She's gonna jump and holler 'cause I saved up my last two dollars
We're gonna search and find that preacher man

Now I'm a singin'
Elvira, Elvira
My heart's on fire Elvira
Heigh-ho silver, away

It is what it is.
Posted by: August West
Date: September 23, 2021 06:38PM

I do think we have progressed to a point where public knowledge of one’s orientation doesn’t always have the devastating consequences to career and/or life that it used to.

Alan Turing Video from Cambridge University

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020