advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
API Builder for Mac/Windows/Linux?
Posted by: August West
Date: September 22, 2021 08:55PM
It appears building APIs (currently restful) is on my near-horizon, does anyone have a favorite IDE/workflow? I will work on OS X, colleagues will run a combination of Win/Linux.

Thanks!

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: API Builder for Mac/Windows/Linux?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 22, 2021 09:08PM
What language will you be using to develop?

Date: September 22, 2021 09:31PM
I am guessing Javascript and/or Python. I haven't really taken apart the app on our side. It's a fairly typical mobile web app involving Javascript/Python/GraphQL from my current level of exposure, not sure of any frameworks, etc, and I also do not know how it will be received and parsed on our end. That will come as I get more deeply involved, however any suggestions swift(er) dev are welcome. Currently, I know there'll be tapping of a documented Qualtric end and a complete fustercluck of a poorly developed Salesforce instance end.

ETA: Thanks for the response it's been a very long day.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2021 09:32PM by August West.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 22, 2021 11:51PM
You might take a look at the postman app. It can be helpful for firing off api requests. That said, there should be some sort of test suite which verifies the api endpoints. If it isn't there - good luck! :-) Seriously though, you'll want some scripted testing tools.

Date: September 22, 2021 11:52PM
thumbs up

Posted by: space-time
Date: September 23, 2021 05:34AM
PyCharm with Anadoda is very popular.
Date: September 23, 2021 05:45PM
Thanks, s-t!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020