advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A website outing “photographers” that steal other people's work and market it as their own
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 22, 2021 09:42PM
In some cases people have gone on to winning awards an gear sponsorship using other people's work without permission, credit, and compensation.
[stopstealingphotos.com]

The most recent entry is a pretty compelling case that the guy uses other people's images and ads his dog in order to create a "composite" aka, not a real photo.
[stopstealingphotos.com]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 07:39AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A website outing photographers that steal other people's work and market it as their own
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 22, 2021 10:10PM
All my best photos have a 'getty images' watermark!

Re: A website outing photographers that steal other people's work and market it as their own
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 22, 2021 10:30PM
mattkime
All my best photos have a 'getty images' watermark!

What if they crop it?
Posted by: lost in space
Date: September 22, 2021 11:33PM
Bastidges!!

Posted by: Michael
Date: September 23, 2021 05:23AM
I used to tell my students that if they'd spend as much time studying as they spent trying to figure out how to cheat, they'd do fine in class.

My sense is the same for these jerks--do your own work...
Posted by: weapon
Date: September 23, 2021 05:38AM
nice!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 23, 2021 05:42AM
Too bad you can't kneecap someone through the internet.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 23, 2021 06:43AM
Racer X
Too bad you can't kneecap someone through the internet.

Posted by: sekker
Date: September 23, 2021 07:06AM
Image manipulation is the bane of science.

I cannot imagine how bad it is in the professional photography world.

But my sister runs a website. She watermarks everything as her work gets stolen all the time.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 23, 2021 09:30AM
sekker

An interesting article in Science Alert on fraud in science covering this and plagiarism as well.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 23, 2021 09:50AM
Blankity Blank
sekker

An interesting article in Science Alert on fraud in science covering this and plagiarism as well.

Not just an interesting article, but an enlightening one as well. I thought, perhaps naively, the whole point of the "peer review" process was for a group of equivalent knowledge and experience in the field to go over a submitted work in some detail, checking for errors, anomalies, and deviations from accepted research protocol, then to double-check the conclusions for accuracy, not just skim over it quickly and say "Yeah, that sounds about right".

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Re: A website outing “photographers” that steal other people's work and market it as their own
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 23, 2021 10:00AM
It’s pretty astonishing and sad how many people have no shame about stealing the work and then lying about it.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Re: A website outing “photographers” that steal other people's work and market it as their own
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 23, 2021 10:12AM
pRICE cUBE
It’s pretty astonishing and sad how many people have no shame about stealing the work and then lying about it.

True, but what's even more astonishing and sad is that they think no-one will notice and that they won't get called out on it. Sadder still is how many of them when caught plagiarizing another's work, instead of saying "Oops! Ya got me! Sorry!", will argue with their accusers even when said accusers have ironclad proof of the photo or artwork's true original creator. Going down swinging when you know you're right is laudable and a sign of bravery and integrity, but going down swinging when you know very well you're wrong is a clear sign of insanity.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Posted by: Dennis R
Date: September 23, 2021 11:42AM

pRICE cUBE
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 23, 2021 12:30PM
Life is too short to worry about these kinds of things. Just create more images.
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 23, 2021 12:42PM
Dennis R

pRICE cUBE

LOL. ;)

I mean if the leader of the free world could throw lies all day, why not me?

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 23, 2021 02:07PM
Dennis R

pRICE cUBE

"Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing!"
- Henry Russell ("Red") Sanders
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 148
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020