advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Upgraded to iOS 15 on my XR
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: September 22, 2021 09:42PM
Has a few free features and refinements.
One I really like is that Apple’s Weather app now has a very radar map which is really nice.

The biggest improvement that I have noticed so far is speed. Everything just seems more responsive.

Bryan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Upgraded to iOS 15 on my XR
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 22, 2021 10:12PM
I like so far. Weather app improved. Beautiful Apple maps. Bolder text in many UI areas.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 22, 2021 11:02PM
I love the idea behind iCloud+. No problems so far besides the beta status.
Notes gave a notice that locked notes may ask for the password, which I didn’t remember (biometrics FTW!).
Followed the instructions to reset it, and done.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 23, 2021 09:24AM
The new UI on Safari puts the URL box at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. That is going to take some getting used to, although it is not necessarily a bad thing. It does pop up more consistently. Sometimes you had to fiddle with the old Safari to make it appear.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: davester
Date: September 23, 2021 10:26AM
Markintosh
The new UI on Safari puts the URL box at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. That is going to take some getting used to, although it is not necessarily a bad thing. It does pop up more consistently. Sometimes you had to fiddle with the old Safari to make it appear.

Haven't done it yet but I read somewhere that the URL box location can be toggled.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Microman
Date: September 23, 2021 10:52AM
What is this iCloud + that I got an email about the other day, and said I qualified. Although I don't think I was subscribed to item they mentioned
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 23, 2021 12:33PM
ICloud+ ends up being some sort of anonymizer while using Safari or submitting email forms.
You have to activate it by going to Settings/yourName/iCloud/Private Relay or Hide my email.
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: September 23, 2021 07:08PM
In radar view for precipitation in the new weather app, not crazy about the colors. Most all other radar uses green where the new app uses blue... what you folks think, you like it?
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 23, 2021 07:30PM
Blue is for snow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020