advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
history repeating?!.....Chris Cuomo accused of 'sexual harassment'.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 24, 2021 10:00AM
......another Cuomo.......former producer on 'Primetime Live'.....witnessed by her husband....he apologized......

Chris Cuomo Accused of Sexual Harassment by Former ABC News Exec

.....CNN’s Chris Cuomo is accused of sexual harassment in a new guest essay published by The New York Times.

Shelley Ross, a veteran television journalist and former executive producer who served as Cuomo’s EP on ABC’s Primetime Live, alleges that Cuomo sexually harassed her at a going-away party for an ABC colleague in June 2005.

“He walked toward me and greeted me with a strong bear hug while lowering one hand to firmly grab and squeeze the cheek of my buttock,” Ross writes. He allegedly said to her, “I can do this now that you’re no longer my boss,” at which point she pushed him off of her and replied, “No you can’t,” before leaving the party with her husband, who had witnessed the encounter.

In addition to the allegations, the essay includes a scan of the printed email Cuomo sent Ross an hour after the harassment occurred, with the subject line: “now that i think of it…i am ashamed….” In the email, Cuomo refers to the way he groped Ross as a “hearty greeting,” and “a function of being glad to see you.” He goes on to say that “as a husband i can empathize with not liking to see my wife patted as such… so pass along my apology to your very good and noble husband… and I apologize to you as well, for even putting you in such a position.”

The essay also includes a recent statement by Cuomo, which reads: “As Shelley acknowledges, our interaction was not sexual in nature. It happened 16 years ago in a public setting when she was a top executive at ABC. I apologized to her then, and I meant it.”

In the essay, Ross writes that she never considered Cuomo’s behavior to be “sexual in nature.” But nevertheless, “his form of sexual harassment was a hostile act meant to diminish and belittle his female former boss in front of the staff.

“I have no grudge against Mr. Cuomo,” she maintains. “I’m not looking for him to lose his job. Rather, this is an opportunity for him and his employer to show what accountability can look like in the #MeToo era.”.....

another Cuomo......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: history repeating?!.....Chris Cuomo accused of 'sexual harassment'.....
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 24, 2021 10:14AM
When did the "MeToo" era begin?
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 24, 2021 11:07AM
He's probably as big a scum as his brother. There have been leaked audio recordings, that if real, confirm that he's as bad or worse than his brother.
Posted by: tenders
Date: September 24, 2021 11:38AM
Not that there was ever any doubt, but his just confirms Chris as the less ambitious, less smart, less impressive of the Cuomo brothers. Her husband was right next to her, for crying out loud. Andrew would never pull a stunt like that. The article quotes Cuomo as saying it was “not sexual in nature.” Come on. That cannot take place in a pure Corinthian platonic sense.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 24, 2021 09:28PM
I'm gonna go with, that 16 years ago, while probably not 100% PC (or perhaps even close), that in the over all scheme of the time, in light of the acknowledged apology, it just wasn't a big deal then, nor should be made to be one today, especially in an era of vastly different context.
==
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 25, 2021 10:51AM
Buzz
I'm gonna go with, that 16 years ago, while probably not 100% PC (or perhaps even close), that in the over all scheme of the time, in light of the acknowledged apology, it just wasn't a big deal then, nor should be made to be one today, especially in an era of vastly different context.
==

I'll second that.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 25, 2021 01:04PM
Buzz
==

Listen to the leaked calls between the brothers. If true, both of them are real creeps.
Posted by: fauch
Date: September 29, 2021 03:18PM
He can't help it, he's also Italian... RollingEyesSmiley5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020