advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
goin' courtin'?!.....'Night Court' revival gets series order.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 24, 2021 01:39PM
......on NBC......with John Larroquette and Big Bang Theory alum Melissa Rauch......

Night Court Revival Ordered to Series at NBC, With John Larroquette and Melissa Rauch

.....The verdict is in, and to the surprise of no one, NBC has given a series order to the Night Court follow-up starring five-time Emmy winner John Larroquette, who is reprising his role from the original sitcom, and Big Bang Theory alum Melissa Rauch.

Rauch is also an executive producer on the Warner Bros. Television, Universal Television and After January Productions co-pro, alongside writer Dan Rubin (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Happy Endings), Winston Rauch and pilot director Pamela Fryman, while Larroquette will carry a producer title.

Based on the original multi-cam sitcom created by Reinhold Weege, the Night Court sequel series stars Rauch as “unapologetic optimist” Abby Stone, the daughter of Judge Harry Stone (played by the late Harry Anderson in the 1984-92 NBC comedy; Anderson passed away in 2018). Abby follows in her father’s footsteps as she presides over the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court and tries to bring order to its crew of oddballs and cynics, most notably former night court prosecutor Dan Fielding (played again by Larroquette).

the court........of opinion.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: goin' courtin'?!.....'Night Court' revival gets series order.......
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 24, 2021 02:44PM
Cool. Something to look forward to.
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 24, 2021 03:01PM
Prosecutor Fielding apparently didn't have much of a career. Should have made him the judge after 30 years.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 24, 2021 03:16PM
wurm
Prosecutor Fielding apparently didn't have much of a career. Should have made him the judge after 30 years.

I was thinking the same thing...
Make "Abby Stone" the ADA or the Defense Attorney, and Fielding the Judge.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 24, 2021 03:32PM
Wow, I did not know Harry Anderson died. Sad, he probably would have enjoyed this remake.
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 24, 2021 03:38PM
I’m in for Night Court: Picard.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 24, 2021 06:57PM
Paul F.
wurm

I was thinking the same thing...
Make "Abby Stone" the ADA or the Defense Attorney, and Fielding the Judge.

I agree that Melissa Rauch should play the ADA. If nothing else, it seems highly unlikely that the 7 foot high Judge Stone would have a 3 foot high daughter.

As for Dan Fielding, I think he probably had enough notoriety and had burned enough bridges (i.e. very likely sleeping with the wives of every politician in the state) to keep him where he was in the 1980's.

I was hoping that Markie Post would come on board as the defense attorney, but alas, she, like Harry Anderson, is no more (may they, and Charles Robinson, rest in piece).
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 24, 2021 07:55PM
Unfortunately, even of they were alive, most would be a little long in the tooth for Night Court.

I'll give it a look, but I've found that most remakes/reboots really don't deserve the cachet of the name they're appropriating.

So confidence is low.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 24, 2021 07:58PM
I'm with you. It has potential, but they will likely blow it.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 26, 2021 10:36PM
I'll give it a go, but I think that the idea of Dan as now being a judge would be better. John Larroquette is too old to be a playboy without being a real creeper. It would be more interesting if he played a "reformed" Dan Fielding, maybe even a pious PITA, and Melissa Rauch can play a great bitch and would be more fun like that than a saintly do-gooder like Harry Anderson's character ended up being (which was a total opposite to how that character started out).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 70
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020