You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Favorite All In One Mac?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 25, 2021 11:12AM
Poll
38 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Favorite All In One Mac

I mean aethesically/emotionally and why?

I think the SE30 "perfected" the Original design....

I really like the 5000 series as well, Maybe my favorite of the Tube Screen Macintoshes.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Favorite All In One Mac?
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 25, 2021 11:16AM
SE/30 for overall aesthetic. Color Classic for ultimate evolution.

M1 iMac will never match 20-30 year old designs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2021 11:20AM by p8712.
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: September 25, 2021 12:06PM
Here in Europe we got the 5320 in 1995 and at the time I loved it. It had a built in tv tuner and you could record from it.

Paul

Posted by: Acer
Date: September 25, 2021 12:13PM
SE30, or in my case the Performa 200, which was the same form factor, for mostly sentimental reasons. My first experience with the OS. A whole new world.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 25, 2021 12:52PM
voodoopenguin
Here in Europe we got the 5320 in 1995 and at the time I loved it. It had a built in tv tuner and you could record from it.

Paul

I had and may still have one of those. No complaints about it from me at all.

I voted Bondi iMac for several reasons:

1. It hailed the return of Steve Jobs to Apple.

2. It's clever and cool aesthetic signaled the end of the "generic grey box" period for computers.

3. It came fully equipped, ready to roll, and the only upgrades you could or would even need to do were more RAM and a larger hard drive.

4. It was the first computer I'd owned capable of running (then) brand-new software right off the shelf.

5. It was the first computer I'd owned that was powerful and fast enough to let me get online and go to any website I wanted to.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Date: September 25, 2021 12:53PM
Apple would've sold more SE/30's if it had been the SEX. They changed the naming convention over it!
Posted by: Bernie
Date: September 25, 2021 01:15PM

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 25, 2021 02:01PM
SE/30 (w/ CPU & GPU upgrades, of course) for original, classic AIO Mac

iMac G3 Graphite for gumdrop/G3 AIO Mac

iMac G4 for style points only; it was way more form than function

eMac G4 for kid and corporate workstation use

iMac M&G - various models had their distinct advantages, so kinda hard to pinpoint an over all winner

iMac Mx Series- the jury is still out

SE/30 gets the vote because of its quantum leap in productivity
==

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: lost in space
Date: September 25, 2021 04:03PM
I really liked my SE30 because it was a cool little hotrod, but the 128k stole my heart, even though it eclipsed the Lisa.

Posted by: archipirata
Date: September 25, 2021 04:58PM
The worst was this one.

Yes, I actually owned one.

Athens, OH
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 25, 2021 05:04PM
SEX was the ultimate for expandability. Does a SE/30 with a Radius Color Pivot qualify as an AIO?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 25, 2021 05:25PM
Im hoping its a 30" M1X iMac.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 25, 2021 11:53PM
I think the Apple laptops were the best all-in-ones of all time. They basically defined the form factor and then re-defined it with the MBA.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 26, 2021 02:38AM
The iLamp model.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 26, 2021 08:43AM
Filliam H. Muffman
SEX was the ultimate for expandability. Does a SE/30 with a Radius Color Pivot qualify as an AIO?
I had that ! And the 68040 upgrade card … Daystrom ? And a CD drive. Used that machine until it was replaced by Powerbook.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 26, 2021 11:43AM
Sekker,

Yup. My favorite "all-in-one" Mac is actually two different laptops: the Powerbook 100 and the Unibody series Macbook Pro. Such good machines!

The PB100 held its own for years. It's ability to use a perpetual RAM disk was the bomb! It was the Macbook Air/Macbook 12" of its time. The unibody Macbook Pro was the last truly phenomenal laptop design from Apple. Powerful. Had a solid set of ports for connectivity. Internally upgradable. Well-made. Durable.

As much as I like iMacs (and the emac), a desktop machine should have a reasonable amount of internal expandability and upgradeability. They lack it and that's why they could never be a favorite all-in-one Mac or favorite Mac in general.

Robert
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 26, 2021 01:38PM
Our Mid 2010 i5 quad iMac has given me us more length of time use than any other all-in-one we've had, including a 1999 iMacDV in blue and a 2002 eMac. We upgraded the 2010 iMac to a OWC 256gb SSD made one heckuva difference.

Grateful11
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 26, 2021 05:12PM
Grateful11
Our Mid 2010 i5 quad iMac has given me us more length of time use than any other all-in-one we've had, including a 1999 iMacDV in blue and a 2002 eMac. We upgraded the 2010 iMac to a OWC 256gb SSD made one heckuva difference.

yeah... on second thought, I might throw in my 2010 27" 2.93 i7 iMac. I *might* still be using it *if* it had USB 3, or I didn't get a great deal on my 2014 iMac.

internal SSD, 32 GB ram, decent GPU. quad core. No 5K screen, lack of USB 3 and OS limits was prob its downfall. But still a solid mac.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 26, 2021 09:13PM
No love here for the Macintosh Portable?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 27, 2021 12:03AM
iFruit.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: September 27, 2021 08:01AM
freeradical
No love here for the Macintosh Portable?

I have one. Mechanical keyboard is awesome!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 142
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020