advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Good, and not so good, Bobby McFerrin concert
Posted by: davester
Date: September 26, 2021 01:34AM
Went to see Bobby McFerrin and his a cappella group tonight. It was his first performance since the beginning of Covid. Started off great and he also had a couple of really good guest performers who happened to be in the audience also come up and sing. Then about an hour in, he said "I'm sorry but I have to stop". He then explained that he had been having health issues, specifically Parkinsons', and that the fatigue was setting in and he couldn't continue the concert. It was rather sad.

It was a bit scary going into a fairly crowded indoor concert venue while Covid is still raging out there. However, they required proof of vaccination at the door, the audience was required to keep their masks on at all times, and my city is something like 95% vaccinated with really low caseloads. Not completely safe but I don't things are going to get much safer than this for years.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2021 01:38AM by davester.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Good, and not so good, Bobby McFerrin concert
Posted by: JoeM
Date: September 26, 2021 11:20AM
He’s such a talented artist. Sorry to hear of his health problems. I have to admit that I was a bit put off when trying to purchase one of his songs as a digital download sometime ago and it was not allowed unless you purchased his full album.

JoeM
Posted by: wave rider
Date: September 26, 2021 11:35AM
Sorry to hear of Bobby's medical problems. Sure is a great talent…

=wr=
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 26, 2021 11:35AM
Thats too bad. Hopefully you feel your got your money's worth for the time he played.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020