advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
nowheresville?!.....they've announced when season 3 of 'The Orville' will debuTT.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 29, 2021 01:30PM
.....not until March 10, 2022 [ that's almost 3 years after Season 2 ended ]......production was delayed due to pandemic..........and remember that it is now on Hulu (not on Fox)......teaser is included......

......it also contains the last performance (voice) of Norm MacDonald.....

The Orville Season 3 (Finally) Gets Hulu Premiere Date, 'New' Title

.....The Orville is, at long last, (almost) ready for its next mission — on Hulu.

The streamer has announced that Season 3 of the space adventure series, which is now titled The Orville: New Horizons, will premiere on Thursday, March 10, in the year 2022 — nearly three years after its sophomore finale aired on Fox.

Episodes will release weekly. You can watch a teaser above.

Returning cast for Season 3 include series creator/Orville captain Seth MacFarlane, Adrianne Palicki, Jessica Szohr, Penny Johnson Jerald, Scott Grimes, Peter Macon, J. Lee, Mark Jackson and Chad L. Coleman. Additionally, the late Norm Macdonald will be heard again as the Gelatin lieutenant Yaphit.

Among the new additions for Season 3 (besides Hulu, that is) are 13 Reasons Why‘s Anne Winters (as a character named Charly Burke) and guest star Eliza Taylor (The 100) as a character TBA.

Although The Orville‘s first two seasons aired on Fox, it was announced in July 2019 that MacFarlane’s sci-fi series would move to Hulu for Season 3 — and that those new episodes would not arrive until “late 2020.” (“As the show has evolved and become more ambitious production-wise, I determined that I would not be able to deliver episodes until 2020, which would be challenging for [Fox],” MacFarlane explained at the time. “So we began to discuss how best to support the third season in a way that worked for the show,” by offering it up to Hulu.)

Nine months later, the coronavirus pandemic hit, further delaying The Orville‘s next mission.

“All I can say is we’re working on it. We’re working very hard,” MacFarlane shared in September 2020 during an Instagram Q&A with Szohr, who plays Xelayan officer Talla Keyali. “For a show with a lot of prosthetic makeup that requires close contact, a lot of background artists… you want to make sure you do it in a way that keeps everyone safe and secure,” McFarlane explained. “Once we have those protocols figured out, we will start up again and you will get more Orville.”

OR............else........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2021 01:34PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Orville arguments?!.....they've announced when season 3 of 'The Orville' will debuTT.....
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 29, 2021 01:33PM
huh. I thought it was canceled.

Not sure the point anymore. Like Picard. and a handful of others. Did we really need more?

Others, that left seasons hanging, sure.

Im sure the TV houses are banking on the fact we will need to rewatch in order to catch up.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: nowheresville?!.....they've announced when season 3 of 'The Orville' will debuTT.....
Posted by: ArtP
Date: September 29, 2021 02:36PM
Dammit - looks like a need to re-up on that $1.99 hulu special around black friday somehow.

It will probably go up to $2.99 this year...

It's weird - I really don't use it but feel I NEED it because it's a deal. I think I have watched less than 10 hours of programming this year...
Re: nowheresville?!.....they've announced when season 3 of 'The Orville' will debuTT.....
Posted by: fauch
Date: September 29, 2021 02:58PM
I actually like the Orville. Certainly more than Discovery at first, but it has since redeemed itself.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 29, 2021 03:33PM
I think I got lost somewhere in season 2 and never picked it back up. Personally, I have a tough time reconciling a thought provoking episode that also feature anatomy jokes. A lot of gear shifting than this ol’ noggin can deal with. If people enjoy the show, cheers to you.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 29, 2021 06:08PM
me likey Adrianne Palicki

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 29, 2021 06:13PM
.....At the San Diego Comic-Con in 2018, it was revealed that Adrianne Palicki was dating The Orville co-star Scott Grimes. The two announced their engagement in January 2019 and married on May 19, 2019, in Austin, Texas. Two months later, she filed for divorce on July 22, 2019. In mid-November of that year, a judge granted Palicki's request to dismiss the filing. Palicki filed for divorce for the second time on July 16, 2020.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2021 06:14PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 29, 2021 09:08PM
yes, I'm sure that didn't help.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 30, 2021 10:14AM
NewtonMP2100
.....At the San Diego Comic-Con in 2018, it was revealed that Adrianne Palicki was dating The Orville co-star Scott Grimes. The two announced their engagement in January 2019 and married on May 19, 2019, in Austin, Texas. Two months later, she filed for divorce on July 22, 2019. In mid-November of that year, a judge granted Palicki's request to dismiss the filing. Palicki filed for divorce for the second time on July 16, 2020.......

So... a comedy-drama on the set of a comedy-drama?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 30, 2021 05:13PM
My wife and I enjoyed the first 2 seasons. A truer homage to STOS than STNG.

We could skip the 4rd grade humor, but it's not a deal-breaker (and yet we like Lower Decks, go figure).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 62
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020