advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Drool alert, we have a drool alert! Tamaron 35-150mm F2-2.8mm for Sony FE available Oct. 28 for $1900
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 30, 2021 07:26AM
I must have this lens. Didn’t think I would see this for another 6 months. Now I gotta get some pennies together. I was on the fence about buying a Sony A7R3 and 200-600 zoom but this upcoming Tamron lens pushed things over the top. 2.5 lbs. of optical goodness with an 82mm filter size. OH YEAH!

[www.dpreview.com]

Tamron describes its 35-150mm F2-2.8 Di III VXD as a 'travel zoom' with wide-to-telephoto coverage. We're not sure we'd consider 35mm wide enough to describe it in quite those terms, but it's certainly a usefully fast zoom that covers a very useful range of focal lengths. It can also be used as an approximately 53-225mm equiv on APS-C cameras, with the expected reduction in equivalent aperture.

The lens uses the company's VXD linear motor, which the company says will give fast, precise autofocus, including full compatibility with Sony's Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF systems.

Minimum focus distance ranges from 33cm (13") at the wide end to 85cm (33.5") at full tele, giving a maximum magnification ratio that ranges from 1:5.7 to 1:5.9.

The 35-150mm will be available for Sony E-mount, making it the first zoom for that system to offer a maximum aperture of F2. It features a 'connector port' which allows it to be connected to a computer for firmware updates or customization. This requires an optional connection cable, but Tamron describes its 'Tamron Connector Cable' as a simple USB-A-to-USB-C lead, so it's unlikely to add significant cost.

The 35-150mm is 89.2mm wide and 158mm (6.2") long and accepts 82mm filters. It weighs 1.17kg (41.1oz).

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Drool alert, we have a drool alert! Tamaron 35-150mm F2-2.8mm for Sony FE available Oct. 28 for $1900
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 30, 2021 10:29AM
I've got my eyes on this lens as well.

I wonder if the EU will clamp down on proprietary USB cables as well.
Re: Drool alert, we have a drool alert! Tamaron 35-150mm F2-2.8mm for Sony FE available Oct. 28 for $1900
Posted by: zachdog
Date: September 30, 2021 10:40AM
Very nice, but it's just for Sony. I wish Nikon would open up their lens mount tech to Tamron, Sigma, and Tokina. The Z system is great but we're missing more third-party lens options.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 30, 2021 11:34AM
zachdog
Very nice, but it's just for Sony. I wish Nikon would open up their lens mount tech to Tamron, Sigma, and Tokina. The Z system is great but we're missing more third-party lens options.

Yeah, it’s too bad that Canon and Nikon have closed off their systems. Sony is gambling that some potential losses on lens profits helps them gain platform market share. The strategy worked on me

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Z
Date: September 30, 2021 11:38AM
I picked up a snazzy Tamron zoom a couple of weeks back... the Adaptall SP 01A, 35-80mm f2.8-3.5 Macro lens. All for the cost of 2% of the asking price of the drool alert above.

A little bit of a learning curve, but finding good results with it are possible without too much effort.

[allphotolenses.com]

Causes teal lamé to break out all over the place
[allphotolenses.com]

[www.hdrfoto.dk]

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 01, 2021 09:29AM
Ha. I had an Adapt-all bought in the 80s when I was a kid for my Nikon. TBH, wasn't all that impressed withit, esp compared to my Series E lenses.
Posted by: Z
Date: October 01, 2021 11:35AM
Fair enough that not all the Adaptall lenses were great - but a few of them got the right mix of seasonings and spices. This is one of them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020