advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Babylon5 Fans
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 30, 2021 01:35PM
With the Original series "Remastered" on iTunes and HBO, and news of a reboot, here's something else for you!

Her reactions watching B5 for the first time! Definitely NSFW language!
[youtu.be]

The best reacts are when she is absolutely dumbstruck!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Babylon5 Fans
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 30, 2021 02:10PM
I haven't seen anyone reacting to B5 yet... Thanks.

I'm dubious, yet hopeful, on a reboot.. especially since JMS is the one working towards that and wants to be at the helm for any reboot.
They'll never recapture what was, but, what will be... will be.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 30, 2021 05:09PM
Paul F.
I haven't seen anyone reacting to B5 yet... Thanks.

I'm dubious, yet hopeful, on a reboot.. especially since JMS is the one working towards that and wants to be at the helm for any reboot.
They'll never recapture what was, but, what will be... will be.

... it will end

IN FIRE!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 30, 2021 05:27PM
sekker
... it will end

IN FIRE!

God... I need to re-watch that show! Again!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 30, 2021 06:11PM
Not keen on the reboot yet, I'll wait and see, but the Remastered series interests me.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 30, 2021 07:01PM
I have the entire series, along with all the movies on my media server. That is going to be my first retirement indulgence in two weeks.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: September 30, 2021 10:47PM
Ombligo
I have the entire series, along with all the movies on my media server. That is going to be my first retirement indulgence in two weeks.

My media center has my home rips from our DVD collection. Looks way better than what’s been generally broadcast to date. I haven’t checked the remastered versions however.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 01, 2021 12:28AM
sekker
Ombligo

My media center has my home rips from our DVD collection. Looks way better than what’s been generally broadcast to date. I haven’t checked the remastered versions however.

iBought the Remasters on iTunes. For S&J I downloaded a random episode, then opened the file in Quicktime. It is 640 x 480. 4:3, but very sharp. Looks better than the DVDs I have.

The remaster was from the original Broadcast source.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Bernie
Date: October 01, 2021 04:32AM
July 21st I bought the remastered B5 for $39.99 from iTunes.

On DVD we have all the season and movies.

I have the pewter x fighter and space station displayed proudly with my pewter Star Trek collection.

A reboot is just wrong. A spin off might be fun.

Crusade cast sucked. They show more life in a still picture than they did with their acting. Yawn!

Staunton, Virginia

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 04:35AM by Bernie.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 01, 2021 08:28AM
....waiting for sequel.....Bablon......6 and then 7......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: October 01, 2021 08:52AM
Rolando
sekker
Ombligo

iBought the Remasters on iTunes. For S&J I downloaded a random episode, then opened the file in Quicktime. It is 640 x 480. 4:3, but very sharp. Looks better than the DVDs I have.

More on Bab5 remastered:
[www.space.com]

I'm going to have to compare. I like my DVD conversion as it's widescreen. Why in the world did WB restrict remastering to only 4:3 and thus literally cut off some of the original content? JMS was infamous for including a 'small' thing on the side that turned out to be an Easter Egg for future plot line pieces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 08:52AM by sekker.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 01, 2021 02:12PM
sekker
Rolando
sekker
Ombligo

More on Bab5 remastered:
[www.space.com]

I'm going to have to compare. I like my DVD conversion as it's widescreen. Why in the world did WB restrict remastering to only 4:3 and thus literally cut off some of the original content? JMS was infamous for including a 'small' thing on the side that turned out to be an Easter Egg for future plot line pieces.

This remaster was from the original ready for broadcast back film prints in the '90s, those were in 4:3 format. The DVD conversion was from the original film which was widescreen, but the only available effects shots were low rez.

So they got better results this time by scanning film that had the effects frames filmed at their full 640x480 resolution, but that meant the rest was the cropped images.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020