Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Quicken changes owner, again
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 01, 2021 04:06PM
Dear Thomas,

I am writing to give an update about a change in ownership at Quicken Inc. Today, October 1, the majority owner of our company, HIG Capital, is selling its stake in Quicken and a new private equity firm, Aquiline Capital Partners, is buying. Management—including me, as CEO—and employees will continue on as before.

Although change can be a cause for concern, in this case, there’s nothing to be anxious about: the Aquiline team is an experienced group of fintech investors who believe in Quicken and Simplifi. They want us to continue to provide great personal finance software tools while adding additional service and software capabilities that will make sense to our users. Importantly, the members of the Aquiline team are Quicken users themselves, going back as far as 1992. As such, they have a clear understanding of what we do and what matters to our customers. I am excited to be partnering with Aquiline and look forward to accomplishing great things in the years ahead. And that will include continuing to work to make Quicken and Simplifi reliable, functional, easy to use, and well supported by our Care teams.

I would also like to thank our outgoing owners, HIG Capital. They believed in Quicken at a time when our fortunes were at a low ebb and allowed us to make the needed investments to improve our products and services. HIG prioritized solving real customer problems, and they were supportive of our team. We extend our thanks to HIG.

And thank you for being a Quicken user!

Eric Dunn
CEO, Quicken Inc.

So there you are

I really am happy with Quicken for Mac and don’t know how people get same benefits using a spreadsheet
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Quicken changes owner, again
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 01, 2021 06:08PM
When they tell you there's nothing to be anxious about?

There's something to be anxious about.

It is what it is.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: October 01, 2021 06:15PM
I thought Quicken was owned by Intuit.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 01, 2021 08:39PM
N-OS X-tasy!
When they tell you there's nothing to be anxious about?

There's something to be anxious about.

My thoughts exactly……
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 01, 2021 09:14PM
ztirffritz
I thought Quicken was owned by Intuit.

It was. In the past.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: October 02, 2021 08:01AM
N-OS,

If this was a different product, I'd agree. Quicken is the standard for the finance industry for personal finance software and products. I doubt any company would allow it to languish to the point that it'll be dismissed and forgotten. The most recent owner actually did an overall good job of updating it. It's too bad some features were removed from Quicken after V2007 and not restored as they upgraded it through the current version.

Maybe the new owner will finally restore those features and/or make the Mac version identical or near identical to the Windows version. That's one thing that has always bugged me. The Mac and Windows version never had the exact same set of features. This was true even in the days of Quicken 2007 and earlier.

Currently, the Windows version of Quicken has all the features and reports of Quicken 2007 Mac. Yet, the current version of Quicken for the Mac still doesn't have them. Annoying as hell, especially when one of them is a basic report that never should've been removed in the first place and should have been restored once Quicken Inc stated developing a new version of the app.

Robert
Date: October 02, 2021 09:37AM
Currently on Mac Quicken 6.4.2

I forget what Report you are looking?

Remind me again, and I will see if it is now there.

or maybe digging thru their update descriptions, would tell you , no?

[www.quicken.com]
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: October 02, 2021 10:09AM
I gave up on Quicken when I discovered there was no easy way to import transactions from Mint, which I use all the time.
Date: October 02, 2021 11:45AM
Bill,

Mint should be able to export transactions in a compatible format, i.e. qif. All banks can do it. Mint should be no different.

Micro,

I'm looking for the reconciliation report. Thanks for checking it for me.

Robert
Posted by: chopper
Date: October 02, 2021 02:25PM
Is this the same thing as Quikbooks?
Date: October 02, 2021 11:05PM
[community.quicken.com]
Date: October 03, 2021 05:59AM
Micro,

Thanks. I’ve seen that. It doesn’t cut it. I need the actual report. Why Quicken for windows has it and they intentionally choose not to offer it in the Mac is annoying. I’ll stay with( Quicken 2007 until I find an alternative in the Mac that has it, run Quicken 2007 under Mojave in a virtual environment or switch to a Windows machine for personal finance tasks, Such a shame that it might come to latter.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020